• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Kibler Southern Mountain Rifle SMR - .45 caliber with extra fancy Maple stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm betting you do and suggest you look at the Woodsrunner. From what I hear it pretty much just needs the parts assembled and finished. All the chiseling and scary stuff is done.

(This from a guy that bought this rifle in .40 and found it so dang nice he has put off staining for 8-9 months!)

Ok bet it's yours. Good buy!!! OP may be at work supporting his share of our 10 million+ new citizens (immigrants) and will respond shortly so start making plans to smuggled it in now!!
LOL...too true. Just got home form work.

Can you show some close ups of the buttplate, breach, triggerguard install, barrel pins etc. Would like to see more of the work closely since the sights are installed backwards. Sorry just a little skeptical. The sights being the easiest part of the build makes me wanna really see it in person almost. No ramrod when you photoed this but you finished it a year ago. I am really interested and it's a borderline great deal if it's what it looks to be. Just don't wanna be fixin mistakes at this price point.
Thank you.

Can you show some close ups of the buttplate, breach, triggerguard install, barrel pins etc. Would like to see more of the work closely since the sights are installed backwards. Sorry just a little skeptical. The sights being the easiest part of the build makes me wanna really see it in person almost. No ramrod when you photoed this but you finished it a year ago. I am really interested and it's a borderline great deal if it's what it looks to be. Just don't wanna be fixin mistakes at this price point.
Thank you.
I'll get some in the next day or so. The build is really nice and a lot of time and pride was taken in filing, fitting, and putting together this build. You're really bothered by those sights. LOL. Understood though. Tap them out and turn them around. I will take the three minutes and do it for the buyer before I send it if needed. The pictures are from year ago. I took them as soon as I finished the gun. I wasn't too concerned about the ramrod at that point. It was only another hour or so of work to fit the end on it and darken it. The ramrod is showing in the last picture, which was taken this week. Thanks

I'll get some in the next day or so. The build is really nice and a lot of time and pride was taken in filing, fitting, and putting together this build. You're really bothered by those sights. LOL. Understood though. Tap them out and turn them around. I will take the three minutes and do it for the buyer before I send it if needed. The pictures are from year ago. I took them as soon as I finished the gun. I wasn't too concerned about the ramrod at that point. It was only another hour or so of work to fit the end on it and darken it. The ramrod is showing in the last picture, which was taken this week. Thanks
Appreciate it. No I'm not really bothered by the sights. You should be tho. You say alot of time was taken in putting this together but you put the sights in backwards????? I just don't wanna fix other problems for this price point. Minimize my inquiry if you want. Post the photos as requested or sell it to someone else at your premium price. Don't wanna tap out and turn around sights and fix other hidden issues at $1500. Alot of money to me sorry.

Built from a Kibler SMR kit. .45 caliber. I built this about a year ago. It was purchased with the extra fancy maple stock. This is the later model Kibler built lock and swamped barrel. All of the particulars are on his website. I have never fired it. It has just been a wall hanger. Beautiful wood and build. Finish is iron nitrate and hand rubbed Permalyn sealer. All metal was darkened with Jax Black and rubbed back to give a nice weathered or French grey look. $1,500 + shipping.View attachment 281260View attachment 281261View attachment 281262View attachment 281263View attachment 281264View attachment 281265View attachment 281266View attachment 281267
Absolutely gorgeous!

Will you be at the AL-KY rifle show at Joe Wheeler with the gun? I'd like to look it over.

Appreciate it. No I'm not really bothered by the sights. You should be tho. You say alot of time was taken in putting this together but you put the sights in backwards????? I just don't wanna fix other problems for this price point. Minimize my inquiry if you want. Post the photos as requested or sell it to someone else at your premium price. Don't wanna tap out and turn around sights and fix other hidden issues at $1500. Alot of money to me sorry.
Tough crowd here. Selling it at cost, with no $ for labor or finishing supplies and being told he’s charging a premium price, lol.

Salty Cracker- I’ve seen several original southern rifles and others that had the sights on backwards. I have had two originals with backward sights myself. Some people like them that way. Some shooters reverse the rear sight to get it slightly father from their eye. Some think they see the front sight better when reversed. I certainly wouldn’t sweat it! Will take all of 5 minutes to change.

Salty Cracker- I’ve seen several original southern rifles and others that had the sights on backwards. I have had two originals with backward sights myself. Some people like them that way. Some shooters reverse the rear sight to get it slightly father from their eye. Some think they see the front sight better when reversed. I certainly wouldn’t sweat it! Will take all of 5 minutes to change.
That was the reason for putting the rear sight the way I did. It may just be another half inch, but I need all that I can get with my eyes.

[snip]
Some shooters reverse the rear sight to get it slightly father from their eye. Some think they see the front sight better when reversed.
[snip]
As I get older, my near vision is deteriorating rapidly. I've not been able to get used to progressive lenses. Every little fraction of an inch further away helps me to see better, and is less strain on my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back