• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler SMR All in-the-white?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone here has built and completed a Kibler SMR with highly polished all in-the-white barrel and hardware? I'm thinking it might look pretty cool against a darker iron-nitrated curly maple stock. If you have and you've got pics, please post!!

Just curious if anyone here has built and completed a Kibler SMR with highly polished all in-the-white barrel and hardware? I'm thinking it might look pretty cool against a darker iron-nitrated curly maple stock. If you have and you've got pics, please post!!
I don’t have one, but you need some sort of finish on the wood. Most old guns were dark, but blond finish wasn’t unheard of.
Metal was often in the white on old guns. They do take an extra care, but not impossible.
I THINK original owners kept brass and steel bright… and no you won’t scare off game with a bright gun. The angle to get a flash off are lottery level odds.
Which a little acceptance of patina on a barrel will be a mild grey

I THINK original owners kept brass and steel bright… and no you won’t scare off game with a bright gun. ...
That's OK, it wouldn't be for hunting, just as a flashy range toy, mostly. Impress the gawkers with my "beauty". The SMR is just such a pretty thing to begin with, a little bling might be in order. It would be my second SMR, if I did it. The Colonials and Woodsrunners don't move me quite like the SMR does. ;)

Here is my fowler with the metal completely in the white, I found I liked gray better. I hadn't polished the lock yet.

fowler in the white.jpg

Back