• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler Pennsylvania Rifles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A local guy has built a nice Kibler flinter that he's wanting to sell. It is in near perfect condition and works flawlessly. The wood is a high-grade maple with beautiful curling throughout. Brass hardware as commonly used during the time period that this rifle was modeled after. This is a full-sized long rifle .54 Caliber with a 43.25-inch barrel. He built it last spring and has shot it enough to make sure it works well. I got him down to $1,300. Any input would be welcomed.
1709672821933.png
1709672857637.png
1709672874297.png

Last edited:
$1300 just buys the unfinished kit, not the time and materials gone into assembling and finishing it, which you're getting for free. Those who say a Kibler kit can be assembled in four hours are blowing smoke. I wouldn't at all doubt if your seller has 50 hours (or more) in that rifle. At even minimum wage, which is a joke to begin with considering the skills and tools involved, plus materials, you're looking at getting an added value of at least $800 or (most likely) more for free. If that rifle meets your expectations of what you want you should snap it up pronto, if not sooner.

You are correct! I missed that he stated the barrel length. Guess I should have put my glasses on to see the photos too. But the Woodsrunner plug is still good. Don't have any experience with the Colonial.
I missed that too. My Colonial is a .58.

That's a .54 Woodsrunner your considering @griffiga. I have one. It's pretty much my favorite rifle, swings up well, it's certainly balanced for me, and is fun and accurate to shoot. It looks nice from the photos, if you like the look and feel of it $1,300 is more than a fair price.
at $1300 I'll take 2 please, more than that now with the high grade maple, look slike a nice job putting it together and finish!

Latest posts

Back