• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler has announced a Hawken Kit in the works.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd also be more interested in a half-stock flintlock English Sporting Rifle. Somehow, I think I'm in the minority there....

I don't have much of a Hawken itch, but if I did a Kibler approach is the only way I would attempt it.

I don't want to appear overly eager to get my paws on a genuine Kibler Hawken, but.......
Ralphie 1.jpeg

Well, I was surprised to read it, but it’s what a lot of folks have been asking for. Jim posted on the ALR forum that he’s looking to buy or borrow an original Hawken for measurements and study in preparation for the new kit. And, he says it will be a half stock percussion. No time line was mentioned.
If he needs a close copy he can use a GRRW Hawken I'm pretty sure Doc White used originals to build his ?

But no lefties at this time.

So when will the hawken be available?
With only 10% of the population being left handed, I don't see a left handed Kibler muzzleloader of any style.
I have nothing against lefties as my Mom was one as is my 6 year old grandson, so I may be building a left handed flintlock in the future.

If Mr Kibler provides a Hawken kit I will definitely be interested in purchasing it, if I can afford it.

With his CNC methods I believe it would be a wonderful looking rifle. My choice would be a full stock version.

No way in hell will I be jumping on the Kibler Hawken wagon. I have five kits to assemble right now. I need another like a hole in the head. Before I get hooked on Kiblers I'm going cold turkey. Just writing about it now gives me the shakes. Maybe I need therapy.
I’m more than willing to help you out with your backlog. Send me a couple of those kits. I surely don’t want to see you get a hole in your head. 🤣

A couple of years ago I was ready to send in my deposit to be in line for a Kibler Hawken, now I’ve calmed down and will try to talk someone around here to get one and let me do the work on it. My rifle still out shoots me but working on his kits are like potato chips, you can’t get just one!

With only 10% of the population being left handed, I don't see a left handed Kibler muzzleloader of any style.
I have nothing against lefties as my Mom was one as is my 6 year old grandson, so I may be building a left handed flintlock in the future.
Heard a rumor kibler is building a Hawken kit. Gonna be a lefty percussion to satisfy a bunch of folks. The crowd that wants a hawken kit, the crowd that wants a lefty kit AND the crowd that wants percussion kit. Man can he satisfy a bunch of folks with that offering. So, anyone heard when it is coming out?

Jim mentioned in at least one of his videos that he did have plans to make a lefty kit in the future. That was a while back, at least a year ago. 10% is small but I think there's enough of us out there that would purchase them that it would be worth it. I can't be the only one holding out on buying a Kibler because I don't want to spend that much on a rifle with the cheek piece on the wrong side! The lock doesn't matter that much to me but the cheek piece does.

Latest posts

Back