• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just Joined, looking to sell a TVM and get a Bess

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all, I just joined today. I'm putting together a Roger's Rangers kit, and so I've decided to sell/ trade my beautiful TVM Early Virginia for a Brown Bess. Aside from that immediate business, I've been hunting with and shooting flintlocks for years, done a few kits, and love reenacting, so I figured this is place to be. Seems like there's a lot of guys on here with a lot of knowledge about history, rocklocks, and reenacting, so I look forward to jawin' with y'all.
Flintlock Whole .jpg

Welcome from Tennessee!
Tell us more about that fine rifle!
Thanks boss! I bought the rifle from a guy at my shooting club who built the kit. It's a .50 caliber Early Virginia model from TVM. I put a new, Jim Chambers lock on it and it shoots absolutely beautifully. I'm in the process of re-browning the barrel and burning a spiral design into the ramrod before I refinish it. Gonna clean up and polish the brass on it, and then see if I can find a new home for it here. I love this rifle, but the unfortunate truth is that I have a better flintlock that I use for hunting, and I need a Brown Bess for my Roger's Rangers kit.

Welcome to the forum.

I guess I have to point out that it is against the forum rules to offer anything for sale outside of the Classified Ad section.
To post an ad there, a person has to be a member for at least 14 days and they need to make at least 5 posts.

Hopefully, talk of the gun here in this thread will stop so I don't have to remove any posts.

Welcome to the forum.

I guess I have to point out that it is against the forum rules to offer anything for sale outside of the Classified Ad section.
To post an ad there, a person has to be a member for at least 14 days and they need to make at least 5 posts.

Hopefully, talk of the gun here in this thread will stop so I don't have to remove any posts.
Roger that, my bad I didn't know. I'll post it to the Classified section

Latest posts

Back