• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just got a call from Rice Barrel Co.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A while back there was a couple people looking for Rice Jaeger barrels (Track of the Wolf) version. I had called back in August asking about them and told they would be making them and filling orders in 10 weeks. Well they called tonight and said they are shipping this Jaeger barrel now. :thumbsup:

Ordered a bbl which luckily Rice had in stock and asked if the move to a larger facility was completed and LC Rice said no but that my bbl is the last one that he will be selling .The "new" owner is the gentleman who actually has always made Rice bbls, so the excellent quality will not change. That's all good news....Fred

Very nice gentleman, he said my barrel was made and ready to ship. When I get it, please inspect inside and out and make sure it is exactly what you want and he thanked me for the business. :thumbsup:

Got my call yesterday. Jason had a question on a detail of how I wanted the breechplugs I supplied fitted. Nice fellow to work with & easy to talk to. Barrels should be shipped by end of this week.

Paul

They are superb to deal with. I have bought over 75 barrels from them & every single one had a breechplug that was fitted Perfectly.... Bores are immaculate. They are Top Dog in the barrel business, in my book... :hatsoff:

Keith Lisle

Earlier this week I ordered a forsyth barrel from Rice and found Jason easy to deal with also.
The forsyth barrels won't rifled until Feb.providing he can get at least 20 orders by then. Sooo! If anyone has wanted to build a rifle with forsyth rifling, here's your chance to get one. :v

Jason is a great guy, he used to shoot with us quite often but I guess he has been too busy the past couple of years. Really knows his stuff.

Early Christmas! Canada Post truck pulled up with my 2 new Rice barrels. The final delay was caused by the bank requiring Jason to upgrade his credit card system. Through it all, he has been great to work with. Even though he has been run off his feet, he always had time to explain how things were going.
The 2 barrels look great. Both are TOW style Jaegers, .58 cal. Now the fun begins.

Paul

Yep, mine was the same ToW Jaeger barrel only .62 cal. Hope to start to find some time after Christmas to start whiddlin on the gun... :thumbsup:

Jason advised today that he has his minimum order for Forsyth 62 cal barrels; so he's ready to begin tooling up. He's received orders for about 10 - 15 of these barrels from South Africa alone; all being built on English sporting rifle style guns. Cannot wait!

Latest posts

Back