• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I've been Schell shocked

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wattlebuster

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Got up a few parts for a fun little pistol an talked too an struck up a deal with Joe Schell of Ill. Told Joe to try an make me something that a poor southern redneck might have carried in his belt for comfort while he is in an old backwoods tavern. I told him nothing fancy just a good solid pistol and to throw some age on it. I like em like that. Well it came by post rider today an im tickled with the feel and the looks. I think he nailed it. The lock is a Chambers queen anne pistol lock. The barrel is a Charles Burton 7 inch .62 cal oct to round smoothbore that has a bit of a flare at the muzzle. The walnut is a blank from Mr Curt Lyles from Ind and Joe hand forged the rest. He put me in a Chambers vent also. Its meant for short range work so I told him not mess with a sight. This is the first work of Joe's that I have seen an handled in person an after a close look an feel I like his work plus he was a pleasure to do business with and was very timely with the project and his communication was excellent. I intend this to be a snake charmer with some shot an just a good little fun gun

The knife is a old wagon spring off of my great grandfathers place that I sent to Don Bruton AKA Whitewolf in South Carolina and had him forge me a blade from it. I put on the handle so please dont think the sloppy handle is Don's work as it is all mine. The knife holds a razor edge :thumbsup:

Joes work is the best, I get compliments every where I take my 45 Early Virginia.

No sloppy handle work evident in the photos.

Forged by Whitewolf from an old wagon spring off your great grandfather's place...holds a razor edge - now that is an heirloom!

WB i would be happy to own both of them myself.Nice work for sure. Curt

I have a soft spot for smoothbore flint pistols. And that's a nice looking one! The aging and iron mounts look terrific. Nice workmanship. Congrats. Thanks for posting. Rick. :hatsoff:

Thanks guys I Finally got a chance to do some shooting with some shot loads and I am real happy with the results. With 30 gr of FFFg and 1oz of mixed shot from 7 yrds it puts a nice round pattern on the target. Further than taht an it spreads real fast. Im still playing with some ball loads. The ignition is instant with it and the recoil is very mild with the shot loads an mild up to about 50 grns with ball loads. Im going to stick with 30/40 gr loads with it. After all I have a rifle for shootin stronger loads :thumbsup:

Man, that is one sharp looking piece! It's something I never thought of before and now I'm envious of you who has one! "Fun gun" doesn't even begin to capture the coolness of this little pistol. I don't know how you're going to stifle the urge to just start wearing it everywhere you go. It's great to see someone's idea come to life from the hands of a master craftsman.

Hey, I forgot to mention the knife. As someone mentioned, the combo of the knife and pistol is perfect. Don't knock your part in this. That handle looks absolutely perfect on that "family blade".

Nice looking combo Allen :hatsoff: you got that many gobblers on you your having to fight off at close range now :haha:

Latest posts

Back