• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Is Kibler a Sponsor of this site?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't own one of the Kibler rifles would like to, just waiting on a left-hand type, but seems someone perhaps has an axe to grind with them, so I will say this GOOD QUALITY, GOOD SERVICE, GREAT SUPPORT AND FINE WEAPONS = FAN BOYS. All the flint lock rifles built out of that business are fantastic looking guns. that I have seen, He## I even own a GLOCK or two.

I have many flintlocks that I enjoy shooting and owning I have Thompsons lymans cva and jim kibler long rifles I can tell you I was not a fan of kit builds or custom built guns until I saw a kibler rifle........nothing negative from my experiences with any of my rock hammers God speed

The product is excellent.

The customer service is excellent.

...and his reply is also. Personally, I'll support his company whether he contributes money to the forum, or not.

His contribution to the muzzle loading community is enough for me.
That’s spot on… every word of it.

I was looking at our Sponsor Directory and did not see Kibler listed. Is this correct?
If he does not sponsor this site, I personally find that odd, given the 1000's of free ads he receives here from the members.
Hope I am wrong or looking in the wrong place.
Anyone know this guy? He's new here and comes on with a convoluted message, supposedly on a positive note, and slaps a very upstanding member in the face.

What a low life creep!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd like to strangle the jerk! And I'm not a violent person.

Jim, my estimation of you has jumped even higher. I've heard nothing but good of your kits ( I'm getting to the point where I'm seriously considering getting one) and like your style.

I think it's like back in the '80s when the Glock was so popular with all the different models that were available! They used to call them fan boys because they were just so enamored of the Glock! I would say they are just as many people who enjoy shooting Thompson's Italian Repros India made guns and Spanish as well! There are many suitable muzzleloaders out there depending on your budget! But it does seem that many of the smrs in Colonials get free publicity due to the Fanboys
I don't know a Glock from a clock. Smokeless guns don't interest me. But I do know that you're ignoring the fact that this is a forum where you can pass on knowledge you've acquired to others and express opinions on products out there. I don't recall anyone talking about free advertising when outfits like Chambers'(Jim's a great guy) broke through and deservedly got a lot of thumbs up. We can go back to Dixie, Dunlap and TOW when their products enabled the the hobbyist, NOT A PRO, to try his hand at building a rifle. It's been a evolutionary process, always with better technology that allows builders with an eye towards authenticity to now take advantage of what Jim Kibler now has to offer. They're not for the guy who want's a muzzleloader just so he can shoot another deer in a special season. TC's and imports and yes inlines provide that venue. If that's the boat you float, fine. But I see nothing positive in labeling people who have had a good experience with an excellent product, literally lock, stock and barrel, as Fanboys.

I don't know a Glock from a clock. Smokeless guns don't interest me. But I do know that you're ignoring the fact that this is a forum where you can pass on knowledge you've acquired to others and express opinions on products out there. I don't recall anyone talking about free advertising when outfits like Chambers'(Jim's a great guy) broke through and deservedly got a lot of thumbs up. We can go back to Dixie, Dunlap and TOW when their products enabled the the hobbyist, NOT A PRO, to try his hand at building a rifle. It's been a evolutionary process, always with better technology that allows builders with an eye towards authenticity to now take advantage of what Jim Kibler now has to offer. They're not for the guy who want's a muzzleloader just so he can shoot another deer in a special season. TC's and imports and yes inlines provide that venue. If that's the boat you float, fine. But I see nothing positive in labeling people who have had a good experience with an excellent product, literally lock, stock and barrel, as Fanboys.
I was not trying to be disrespectful when I labeled myself a fanboy. I try to express an opinion here and attempt to make light of myself only. I worked for 30 yrs with serious people and serious situations. I try sometimes unsuccessful but that is my intention. The people that preceded us and the businesses that paved the way for our fun are amazing but we all ask questions and when done respectfully no problem. I have had a glock, a smith, and many others. Still have several, even a bow with training 🛞. I throw flies around and love my flinters. This gets to serious some times around here. My 2 cents worth nothing. God Bless and good night 😴 🥱. I am fixxin to be 70 beauty sleep does not help.

I was not trying to be disrespectful when I labeled myself a fanboy. I try to express an opinion here and attempt to make light of myself only. I worked for 30 yrs with serious people and serious situations. I try sometimes unsuccessful but that is my intention. The people that preceded us and the businesses that paved the way for our fun are amazing but we all ask questions and when done respectfully no problem. I have had a glock, a smith, and many others. Still have several, even a bow with training 🛞. I throw flies around and love my flinters. This gets to serious some times around here. My 2 cents worth nothing. God Bless and good night 😴 🥱. I am fixxin to be 70 beauty sleep does not help.
I am 64 years old and have been shooting black powder for at least 40 of those years! I am very opinionated in my older years and understand how people arrive at that stage of life! I don't blame anybody for buying a nice musket like some of the chambers and Kibler fans talk about! My problem is when some of these people bad mouth black powder enthusiasts who are working on a shorter budget! Words like manure garbage junk pipe bomb worthless not encouraging to the new shooter who maybe can only afford a curry burner or an Italian reproduction!

Dear God Gentlemen, it was just a question! Not an accusation.
There is a constant banner urging members to support our forum (which I do) and simply asked if Mr. Kibler supported the forum like so many of his customers do.

I am not apologizing for asking a simple question.
If you decided to take that simple question amiss, that is your issue, not mine.

From Mr. Kibler's response, my question was not amiss and it was simply an oversight on his part, (most likely due to being incredibly overworked) which, he has graciously acknowledged and volunteered to support the small community that supports him. Thank you Mr. Kibler.

I asked a simple question, because I did not know the answer and could not seem to find the answer, which, resulted in additional support for our community forum.
Seems that worked out okay.
Sometimes you just need to ask.

Yeah, things seemed to take a turn and get a little heated. Although I would not think Kibler's Longrifles owes anything to this or any other muzzleloader site, I wouldn't have thought it worth getting too worked up over the question. As a side, I own a Kibler Colonial kit which I have yet to assemble and would've jumped on a Woodsrunner if I didn't somehow get the idea that a Hawken kit might be under consideration as an upcoming kit. If that turns out to be true, that will be my next one and I hope I can be among one of the first to order one.

I do not believe I ever saw a Kibler advertisement anywhere. Word of mouth seems to do the job for him.

He would make a heck of a case study for Wharton or the Harvard Business school.
How?? By building an excellent product designed to last? Modern business practices look down on that sort of thing. Build it quick, cheap, and in china and make damn sure it doesn’t last so you can sell another is “sound business “.

We are a small community in the grand scheme of things. Folks on this site just displayed loyalty to a man/company that has contributed considerably to this sport. His reputation is well earned.

Having said that, I don't take instant offense to Blackbeard's question. Could it have been worded differently, or explained better.... maybe.

Analogy - When in Boston, be careful how you phrase questions about the Red Sox, could be a touchy subject.

I do not yet have the pleasure of owning a Kibler rifle but I see no issues since all of the 'advertising' is by word of mouth by very happy, satisfied customers. I have seen, handled and shot Kibler rifles and are truly a high end gun when finished, front to back and top to bottom. Will have the pleasure in owning and assembling one soon I hope, is the plan anyway.

Dear God Gentlemen, it was just a question! Not an accusation.
There is a constant banner urging members to support our forum (which I do) and simply asked if Mr. Kibler supported the forum like so many of his customers do.

I am not apologizing for asking a simple question.
If you decided to take that simple question amiss, that is your issue, not mine.

From Mr. Kibler's response, my question was not amiss and it was simply an oversight on his part, (most likely due to being incredibly overworked) which, he has graciously acknowledged and volunteered to support the small community that supports him. Thank you Mr. Kibler.

I asked a simple question, because I did not know the answer and could not seem to find the answer, which, resulted in additional support for our community forum.
Seems that worked out okay.
Sometimes you just need to ask.
I guess it is true the first guy to stop applauding Stalin killed.

Jim Kibler is a true American success story. Thru hard work and ingenuity he has manufactured high quality products at an affordable price.
He also has produced videos that are very informative for completing his rifles. All has been done with word of mouth communication, which is the best kind of advertising. God bless and keep up the good work !

Kibler answers questions by phone,email and on this sight in a reasonable time. You can't find customer service like that anymore with most company's also Jim was a builder of custom guns long before he started manufacturing them and I feel he is 100% dedicated to this hobby, sport/craft and I thank him and his wife.

If things here in UK were run a lot differently - and they never will be - I'd be the owner of at least two of Mr Kibler's current products. And if he ever made a handier Jaeger-style in, say, 54cal, well, my hand would be in my pocket faster than you could say 'very fast'.

However, enough of the 'never goin' to happens'. Sponsoring a web site can be a double-edged sword. The main point is that you get 'tied' down to a site, and a secondary point is that other sites, who might claim to be better than the one he sponsors, might get the hump. So it's either support them all, or none.

As for any rationale that Mr Kibler has for neither sponsoring nor advertising, I'd just ask you when you last saw a factory advertisement for a Roll-Royce automobile? As with Mr Kibler's products, they don't need to advertise. They either let examples of their wares speak for themselves, or they let owners talk about them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back