• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Investarms Hawken hammer position

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alde

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I have an Investarms .50 cal Hawkin I purchased used at the local gunshop. It's in great condition and shoots very well. The issue I have is that when the hammer is at half cock it's too close to the nipple to place a cap on. Is it possible that someone removed the hammer and replaced it out of position? I really don't feel comfortable pulling the hammer to the full cock position to cap it. Thank you for any suggestions.

That is petty common. Both my Investarms .50 cal. Hawkins are that way. I just go ahead and cap at full cock. Just pay attention to the direction of the pointy end when doing so.
Thanks Ed. I try to be extra careful with this one.

I have an Investarms .50 cal Hawkin I purchased used at the local gunshop. It's in great condition and shoots very well. The issue I have is that when the hammer is at half cock it's too close to the nipple to place a cap on. Is it possible that someone removed the hammer and replaced it out of position? I really don't feel comfortable pulling the hammer to the full cock position to cap it. Thank you for any suggestions.
Very few TC rifles will allow you to cap your cone at half cock and your investarms is virtually a copy of the TC so I’d say it’s functioning as designed.

I'm glad you brought this up as I have a TC Hawken .50 and one of the first thing, I noticed was how close the hammer was to the Nipple at half cock. The second thing was the height of the nipple, and I replaced it today with a standard Thompson version. Problem solved....

@alde

I think you have the wrong nipple installed. Investarms over the years changed overall nipple length. I found this out on my 3 Investarm/Lyman's. I used this nipple- (I primarily use Treso nipples). You need the new style. #11-50-66

1689723594818.png

Thank you very much for this information. I'll order a couple of the correct nipples.
If you buy from The Possibles Shop (a very reputable seller!) be careful when ordering! There is a typo in the verbiage. The Treso number is correct though. Order with confidence using #11-50-66 even though it "says" it is for the 'other' nipple. He is about the only seller of Treso right now. It's him or Track of the Wolf for stainless using the part# I gave in my other post. This should fix your problems. It did for me!

If you buy from The Possibles Shop (a very reputable seller!) be careful when ordering! There is a typo in the verbiage. The Treso number is correct though. Order with confidence using #11-50-66 even though it "says" it is for the 'other' nipple. He is about the only seller of Treso right now. It's him or Track of the Wolf for stainless using the part# I gave in my other post. This should fix your problems. It did for me!
Thanks again. I already ordered a couple from TOTW based on your post. I had a couple of other thing in my basket anyway so just added the nipples and ordered.

Latest posts

Back