• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Introduction

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chase Hunter

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi to all from New Zealand (not to be confused with Australia). As we like to say here, Australia in a big island to the north of us.
I found this site by chance, too much idle time I guess.
Black Powder shooting is alive and well here, mainly target shooting, but a good mix of mountain man, cowboy and hunting also. My club is The Greater Wellington Muzzle Loading Club and we shoot at a range on land gifted to the people of New Zealand by Queen Victori for the express purpose of target shooting. We also have a strong collecting community. I look forward to chipping my penny's worth from time to time. feel free to "shoot me down" for any dumb comments. All discussion is healthy.

Welcome from Packer country. That's NE Wisconsin to you guys down under. The Packers are the Green Bay football team. US-style football, that is. ;)

Me thinks that 'gifted' piece of real estate that Queen Victoria set aside for target shooting is also where the Palma Matches are held on occasion and I must say a very beautiful facility!!
Yes, the range land is administered by the NZ Army and mainly used for NRA shooting. Our range is a small 50m separate facility on the edge of the area, separated from the main ranges by a golf course. I'll post some photos if I can figure out how to do it. BP shooters are collectively lobbying to get access to 600m on the main range for our long range cartridge shooters, but sadly the "un-enlightened" have reservations about the black stuff. Its a work in progress.

Back