• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Proposed NY-VT Border Shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I encourage anyone near this range to go & enjoy it! Forget the prize money, etc.
We do the same type event on New Year's Day in Indiana.
Pretty much everyone that shows up enjoys the event because the pressure of winning events isn't there.
We shoot, eat potluck & talk shop all day long.
It doesn't get much better than that.
so true, just the pot luck is worth it, along with every thing else.

There has been a lot of interest in this shoot, both from prior shooters and newbies. All are welcome. Just reply if interested, so we can be ready for you when you come. I want to make sure the range can handle the demand.

ADK Bigfoot

WATCH THIS SPACE!!

Interested shooters, make sure you have let me know if you can make it. I will be sending out details in a week or two.

ADK Bigfoot

I am tentative depending on the weather. If it is warm enough to open up my cabin in Vermont (Rochester) for the season I will be there. I need the snow gone and overnight temperatures not much below freezing as my water supply is above ground and subjected to freezing pipes. Will let you know as we get closer to the date. Thanks.

I am tentative depending on the weather.
Same here!

… once headed ‘out West’ from Boston, heading out to the Saratoga, NY winter snowshoe MZL biathlon, of all things … only to turn around 1/2-way there due to a raging blizzard the further west I went … I didn’t wanna have to use my snowshoes on the freaking highway
:ghostly: !

Last call for shooters! I will be sending out details to all interested shooters by the end of the week. thanks to all who have let me know they are planning to attend. Please make sure you have sent my your email or text info so I can put you on my distribution (PM is best)

Let's hope for good weather!

ADK Bigfoot

Today I sent out emails to all who had indicated interest in the shoot. Not too late to let me know if you are interested.

The NY-VT Border shoot will be held on Sunday, April 30, 2023 at the Whitehall (NY) Fish and Game Club Range, located at 292 Winters Road, Whitehall, NY (directions below.) We will begin at Noon and be done by 5:00 PM.

Targets will be three NMLRA novelty targets (animals) at 25 yards; NMLRA 100 Yard Bullseye Target at 50 Yards; an unspecified non-scoring "Fun Gong" at 75 yards, and THE BIGFOOT TARGET with 8” steel gong at 90 yards. Paper targets for score, 75-yard gong for fun, and the steel BIGFOOT target is a “single elimination” event; shoot until you miss. All shots are offhand. Round balls only, open sights, flint, percussion, wheellock or matchlock. Figure on twenty to thirty shots total. Shooters do not need to be from Vermont or New York; last year we had four states represented!

There are no awards or prizes, this is a get-together fun shoot to meet other shooters and share stories. Fame and eternal glory only. Feel free to bring trading goods, legal items only. Registration fee is $5 (see below).

The range has limited covered areas for loading. We recommend “tailgate loading” and bring a pop-up canopy for shade or drizzle protection. Spring weather is totally unpredictable. There is an outhouse on the grounds, and we will provide a hand washing station and drinking water.

All shooters who are not members of the Whitehall Fish and Game Club Range will be required to execute a Waiver of Liability agreement upon registration and we request a $5 donation to the range for when we tear up their backers!

In order to best prepare for the event, we would appreciate knowing if you are attending. Please respond to [email protected] with either I PLAN TO BE THERE or I HOPE TO BE THERE or I WILL NOT BE THERE and how many of you are coming. We would appreciate hearing back from you by April 20th. You can reach me (ADK Bigfoot) by phone at 518-796-5226; voice or text.

Directions to the Whitehall Fish and Game Club Range: We are located between Rutland, Vermont and Whitehall, NY. From Route 4, take County Route 21 South. Look for Winters Road on your right. The range is a mile down the road on the left. 292 Winters Road. Enter the gate and someone will assist with parking.

We look forward to meeting all of you and making some smoke!

ADK Bigfoot

For all of you who came, Thank You. For those of you who could not make it, we missed you.

We had another great day of shooting. We worked around some showers, and a little wind, but we got it done. The match ended up in a shootout on the Bigfoot target at 90 Yards, going to a 7-7 tie broken by Matt Thomas with a seventh hit for the win. Tony Lewtas won the 25-yard squirrel target, Matt Thomas won the 25-yard woodchuck target, Bruce Rodd won the 25-yard running deer and 50-yard bullseye target. All appeared to have a good time, and we look forward to the next event. Stay tuned.

Thank you all again for your support.

ADK Bigfoot

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back