• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Proposed NY-VT Border Shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADK Bigfoot

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Recently I have noticed how many muzzleloaders there are in the Green Mountains and Adirondacks. A new member here, Rusticbob and I have been conversing about putting together an informal fun shoot at our range in Whitehall, NY. The Whitehall Fish and Game Club is a few miles west of the NY/Vermont border between Rutland and Glens Falls. They have graciously consented to our using their range for such a meet.

Before we go further, I am trying to gauge the level of interest. Our plan is for a Sunday afternoon (noon until 5:00 PM) shoot in late April with paper targets at 25 yards and 50 yards, and some steel a little further out. All shots offhand, and round balls only. Flintlocks and caplocks (or matchlocks), open sights. This is not a formal competition, and there are no prizes or awards…only bragging rights and glory. This would be a good opportunity to meet others from the Forum.

Non-members of the Whitehall Fish and Game club will be asked for a $5 donation for the club. All non-members will also be required to sign a waiver of liability.

If I hear from enough shooters by March 30, I will secure the range and make all the necessary arrangements, send out directions to the club, etc.

If interested, please PM me on this site, and give me your email address and phone. It is time to get out and burn some powder in warm weather!

ADK Bigfoot

Last edited:
Thank you for your response...you are first in!

Any shooters are welcome. With the cost of gas, I didn't think many would travel very far. I am thinking of a Sunday in late April...warm days, less chance of getting snowed out.

I will keep you posted.

ADK Bigfoot

Thank you for your response...you are first in!

Any shooters are welcome. With the cost of gas, I didn't think many would travel very far. I am thinking of a Sunday in late April...warm days, less chance of getting snowed out.

I will keep you posted.

ADK Bigfoot
Thanks. You may not remember me, but we shot together once at the SVTPB.

Make that three states and another country ! I’ve heard the expression “ If you build it they will come “. There’s a lot of people just itching to shoot somewhere.

No offense taken. About 95 % of my shooting is done with my friends in the north eastern US. My wife and I find the people that shoot muzzleloader are the best.

Where in ny are you? We are on Long Island and I want to see if any of the faithful down here want to go.
Thanks,
Kevin

The Whitehall Fish and Game Club is a few miles west of the NY/Vermont border between Rutland and Glens Falls. We are just over an hour north of the Capital in Albany. The club is a few miles off the main route (Route 4) which runs from the Adirondack Northway (87) near Lake George to the ski areas near Rutland (like Killington and Pico).

ADK Bigfoot

Back