• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Internet transactions, payment and shipping

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys who are expecting the USPS to be running as normal are overlooking the havoc being caused all across logistics lines in our economy, by the epidemic.

All of us are suffering from this problem right now, and that includes the USPS.

If you have been paying attention to recent headlines you will see that the pandemic has nothing to do with the current USPS problems. The problem is DeJoy.

DeJoy and his wife hold between $30.1 million and $75.3 million in assets of companies that are either competitors or contractors to the post office.

If the post office can’t perform, then it would stand to reason that the value of DeJoy’s investments would go up.

I disagree that Covid has had no effect, but the ”quiet part” has been said out loud in the past few days. Just blurted those inside thoughts right out. When someone tells me who they are, I believe them. We can put the lion’s share of the blame for this problem right at the feet of the guy who said he’s doing this on purpose.

In other news, my rifle did arrive. It took 3 weeks, 13 or so of those days just to get out of the sender’s local area. It’s here tho and I didn’t have to go looking for it. That’s a relief.

Hard to disagree.
Glad you got your rifle, meanwhile we’ll maybe have to figure out how to reasonably ship stuff until things change.

I disagree that Covid has had no effect, but the ”quiet part” has been said out loud in the past few days. Just blurted those inside thoughts right out. When someone tells me who they are, I believe them. We can put the lion’s share of the blame for this problem right at the feet of the guy who said he’s doing this on purpose.

In other news, my rifle did arrive. It took 3 weeks, 13 or so of those days just to get out of the sender’s local area. It’s here tho and I didn’t have to go looking for it. That’s a relief.

Yep, every other business is being affected by the WuFlu, except the post office. 🤣
Not negatively though.
It's not the Virus having a negative impact on the post office right now, it's management.
You are just in denial or can't accept the fact that you are wrong.

Not negatively though.
It's not the Virus having a negative impact on the post office right now, it's management.
You are just in denial or can't accept the fact that you are wrong.
I'm sorry but that is not correct. I am on good terms with my local postal clerks and they have repeatedly told me that the biggest problems right now are staffing at the distribution centers...particularly Royal Oak MI and the lack of airline travel. Royal Oak was at half staff for a long time and is still under staffed. USPS Priority mail goes by air. Fewer planes means fewer packages get shipped. There are fewer planes flying because fewer people are traveling for business.

USPS Priority mail goes by air. Fewer planes means fewer packages get shipped. There are fewer planes flying because fewer people are traveling for business.

I wasn't referring to the post office. and definitely not air travel. Tracking planes is a hobby of mine, heck an Amazon cargo jet just flew over. Consequentially, even during the height of the pandemic even when china was in lock down, Chinese cargo jets flew over head one after the other.
The post office also use Fed EX planes to deliver priority mail.

I'm sorry but that is not correct. I am on good terms with my local postal clerks and they have repeatedly told me that the biggest problems right now are staffing at the distribution centers..

What's causing the staffing problem, Covid or policy ?
The postal worker infection rate is not any higher than that of the general population, in fact it's actually slightly lower at bout 6.5 % vs. 7-7.5 for the whole of America.

I wasn't referring to the post office. and definitely not air travel. Tracking planes is a hobby of mine, heck an Amazon cargo jet just flew over. Consequentially, even during the height of the pandemic even when china was in lock down, Chinese cargo jets flew over head one after the other.
The post office also use Fed EX planes to deliver priority mail.

What's causing the staffing problem, Covid or policy ?
The postal worker infection rate is not any higher than that of the general population, in fact it's actually slightly lower at bout 6.5 % vs. 7-7.5 for the whole of America.
Covid. They were letting anyone not come into work who was concerned about the virus. Almost half of the staff at the Royal Oak dist. center were out for a long time.

You said it was not the virus having a negative impact on the PO. If there is less air traffic due to covid, which there is, then less mail gets sent on those plans. They use all the airlines. My FFL's wife works at the local PO also and has confirmed this. There are management issues but that is not all the problem.

Almost half of the staff at the Royal Oak dist. center were out for a long time.
An isolated incident but, this illustrates one flaw with having central distribution hubs.

There are management issues but that is not all the problem.

On this we agree, but;
It is management's job to respond and implement solutions to these problems, not to exacerbate them. It all boils down to management, regardless.

Have we forgotten the creed ?

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"

Perhaps we should add the words "Nor infectious disease." Just to update the times.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you’re right. The question becomes, ‘so now what’?

18 U.S. Code § 1703.

1597635076854.png

Cc is the way to go for me for a number of reasons. No 1 being when I use a cc it's not my money nor is it linked to all the money in my bank account.

I learned this the hard way when my bank process the payment for $2,000 for two cell phones that I never ordered.

I had to wait for the investigation to be completed before I could get my $2,000 back into my bank account.

Now I use a credit card for everything when I make purchases from online to ordering taco Bell. that way if the card number ever gets used by someone unscrupulous I have credit card fraud protection.

Also if there's an erroneous charge on your bank account you only have one month to contest the charge however on a credit card you have up to three months to dispute the charge.

in addition to that many credit cards offer bonuses that we often forget about when we signed up for them including extended warranties and the like.

PayPal is okay for stuff like eBay transactions but when I'm dealing with a website or vender that I'm not sure about I definitely go with a credit card.

And if that particular vendor doesn't accept credit cards I'll go someplace else. By the way this includes all my overseas transactions especially my overseas transactions.

it's one thing to know the rules but when when somebody breaks the rules it's hard to get any type of enforcement especially if it's a small dollar amount and we're small people. The entire anti-fraud task force is not going to take up our cause to get our money back.

The 2 times my CC info was compromised it was traced back to restaurants I’d eaten at. A staff member just copied the information down. That’s often how it happens. I know nobody here wants a math lesson but digital encryption is pretty fascinating stuff. Simple, yet genius in its simplicity and effectiveness.

Funny coincidence! I opened my Facebook this morning and check the “memories” thing. 5 years ago today for a fun number theory exercise I taught my students how credit card numbers are generated and how they could figure out what the missing number was on my credit card without guessing. Sorry, I won’t derail the topic any further. :ghostly:View attachment 37868

😲

wot ?

Once at a gas station and a couple more times we weren't sure. Our credit is flagged so they contact us when they see see suspicious activity. In fact twice when we took a trip they canceled my card because it was being used out of state. We keep close tabs on it so we have always got restitution when it happens. Allot of unscrupulous people carry card readers on them so when you think they are just carrying your card up to to charge with it, they are getting your info.

I sent a rifle to a friend on Fri, 28 AUG 20. Package was sent USPS priority mail from Dallas, TX to Pasadena, CA. Expected delivery was Tuesday. Checked tracking this morning and it’s out for delivery a day early. That’s a refreshing change of pace!

Back