• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Inexpensive Shooting Bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, it’s definitely not a real tarred finish. But an ample rubberized coating of some sort. Thick, yet very pliable. It will suit my needs.

Attachments

• IMG_2028.jpeg
    IMG_2028.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
I have seen those over the years, usually after a season or two of re-enacting the coating starts to fall off, but no problem just get some spray like the guy on TV sells for gutters and such and re-spray it.

I have the pleasant problem of having a variety of calibers and bores. So I wanted one or more additional shooting bags. While I normally make all my accoutrements, I stumbled across this bag from Crazy Crow Trading on sale for $25.29, and there was no way I could make one for that price. It's 12"x12" tarred canvas, they say it's modeled from mid 18th to early 19th century. I'm sure it's not very authentic, but it won't be used for reinacting. Anyway, if it turns out to be decent and doesn't fall apart I plan to order one or two more. Then add some adornment to each to differentiate its use. We'll see when it comes in. Oh and their shipping was $4.95, so just over $30 total.
I gotta quit reading your posts; I ordered one of those last night! 🤪😂😂

I have the pleasant problem of having a variety of calibers and bores. So I wanted one or more additional shooting bags. While I normally make all my accoutrements, I stumbled across this bag from Crazy Crow Trading on sale for $25.29, and there was no way I could make one for that price. It's 12"x12" tarred canvas, they say it's modeled from mid 18th to early 19th century. I'm sure it's not very authentic, but it won't be used for reinacting. Anyway, if it turns out to be decent and doesn't fall apart I plan to order one or two more. Then add some adornment to each to differentiate its use. We'll see when it comes in. Oh and their shipping was $4.95, so just over $30 total.
After reading this, I ordered one. It came yesterday. Should work fine for squirrel hunting with my .32. I have a bag for my .36. Didn’t want to switch stuff back and forth. Thanks TDM for the heads up. Jim

For my Fall shotgun season, I ordered a shoulder bag from eBay.
plenty of room and really nice leather, my wife uses it during the summer.
Not H/C, but it'll pass for what I use it for. And it cost me a whole $23.00
View attachment 228475
I have a bag/large leather purse , it has a nice front pocket with the buckle like yours. Has a large flap when opened it has several pockets inside. Its my all day shooting range or event bag. Plenty of room for all of my rock sparkers needs.

Latest posts

Back