• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Indian style shooting bag kit from crazy crow?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought one a while back. The hide had a large area of stiff white spots. I thought it would be ok as I was gonna age it with some strong coffee or something. I was also gonna change up the shape a little.
So I cut some pieces and started on it. It turns out that those white spots won’t take the coffee stain, so they are even more pronounced.
Conclusion: it’s cheap and if you get a better piece of hide than mine, you can probably make a decent bag. I just eventually got mad at myself for not returning it right away. But I was able to use a clear section for the front flap, which is mostly what will show.
Pics show front and back of the same piece (I know, I should have shown the penny heads and tails).

Attachments

• IMG_0106.jpeg
    IMG_0106.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0107.jpeg
    IMG_0107.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 0
I bought one a while back. The hide had a large area of stiff white spots. I thought it would be ok as I was gonna age it with some strong coffee or something. I was also gonna change up the shape a little.
So I cut some pieces and started on it. It turns out that those white spots won’t take the coffee stain, so they are even more pronounced.
Conclusion: it’s cheap and if you get a better piece of hide than mine, you can probably make a decent bag. I just eventually got mad at myself for not returning it right away. But I was able to use a clear section for the front flap, which is mostly what will show.
Pics show front and back of the same piece (I know, I should have shown the penny heads and tails).
Thanks for the input, it was really helpful, btw I like how you stained leather turned out, looks very natural to me, can’t wait to see the finished project! 👍

Has anyone made this; Indian Style Shooting Bag Kit Its a buckskin native style shooting bag kit from crazy crow. The bag shown looks a little farby but I feel one could hammer out something more pc with it. Given the materials, it seems like a good price? Any thoughts?
I’ve looked at that one before. Several years ago bought their regular leather bag kit, had not tackled a leather project that big before, but I’m very pleased with it. The leather was good and the bag is roomy. I like Crazy Crow products, they’re not perfect, but you get a lot for your money if you enjoy making your own stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_0771.jpeg
    IMG_0771.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 0
Their design is for a bag that, when flat, is 12" wide at the bottom, 10" wide at the top, and 10-1/2" tall. The flap in their image is just a suggestion, and the instructions show eight other examples. But they give you plenty of hide for the bag, flap, inside pocket, and straps, so lots of flexibility. Comes with a little trade cloth for trim, and beads, along with fake sinew and a glovers needle.
I am still debating what decoration I want on it, so have not finished it.

Their design is for a bag that, when flat, is 12" wide at the bottom, 10" wide at the top, and 10-1/2" tall. The flap in their image is just a suggestion, and the instructions show eight other examples. But they give you plenty of hide for the bag, flap, inside pocket, and straps, so lots of flexibility. Comes with a little trade cloth for trim, and beads, along with fake sinew and a glovers needle.
I am still debating what decoration I want on it, so have not finished it.
Thanks! I was thinking it might make for an interesting project…. Not sure what just yet!
Kevin

Had some downtime yesterday cuz work was closed due to weather. Pretty much finished the bag to a usable state. Gonna put some red trade cloth along the edges, and still thinking some beadwork on the flap.
I kinda like it.

Attachments

• IMG_0285.jpeg
    IMG_0285.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0286.jpeg
    IMG_0286.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0287.jpeg
    IMG_0287.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Snow leopard leather?

Latest posts

Back