• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Indian style shooting bag kit from crazy crow?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't no one tell you folk that you can't use Buckskin for a bag? It will stretch all out!!

Well, that's what they told me when I was asking....6 year later and mine is holding up just fine, seen a lot of so I guess any day now it will up and just - fall apart!

I got my buckskin from Crazy Crow but did not get their 'kit'; I got one of their "seconds" German Smoke Tan, it had one shoulder that was very stiff, not quite rawhide but apparently why it was sold as "seconds" but that stiffness was great for the back panel.
I sewed a strip of material into the strap to prevent stretching, and that buckskin sure feels nice on the neck!

Didn't no one tell you folk that you can't use Buckskin for a bag? It will stretch all out!!

Well, that's what they told me when I was asking....6 year later and mine is holding up just fine, seen a lot of so I guess any day now it will up and just - fall apart!

I got my buckskin from Crazy Crow but did not get their 'kit'; I got one of their "seconds" German Smoke Tan, it had one shoulder that was very stiff, not quite rawhide but apparently why it was sold as "seconds" but that stiffness was great for the back panel.
I sewed a strip of material into the strap to prevent stretching, and that buckskin sure feels nice on the neck!
I make a plain one similar out of elk once they get oiled and water proofed and used they look really good .

Back