• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I know it was wrong, but....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might be able to deduct it as an out of pocket Medical Expense; Aroma Therapy!

I've been cleaning out my gun safes of anything I haven't shot in 5 years. I'm also selling all my production Muzzle Loaders. I took the funds and purchased a custom 40 cal pistol and rifle. My Trade Gun has an extra 50 cal barrel for hunting. Can't thing of anything else I need. Now, "want" may be another story. Still don't have a Southern Mountain Rifle.

I have more muzzleloaders than I’ll be able to competently shoot in my lifetime. However as a Boy Scout I learned to be prepared so I’ll need a few extras in case I live longer than expected.

pfffff , the tax man will take an extension your gun dealer won't.

but if you had a rainy day fund put away you can get lots more deals with cash on hand , savings is good stuff.

You might be able to deduct it as an out of pocket Medical Expense; Aroma Therapy!

I've been cleaning out my gun safes of anything I haven't shot in 5 years. I'm also selling all my production Muzzle Loaders. I took the funds and purchased a custom 40 cal pistol and rifle. My Trade Gun has an extra 50 cal barrel for hunting. Can't thing of anything else I need. Now, "want" may be another story. Still don't have a Southern Mountain Rifle.
I've heard it all now: "Aroma Therapy".ey, I'm going to try that one on the wife. Quickest way to bring me back to life. The smell of burnt gunpowder from a Smokepole.
H

Aroma therapy?? Maybe you can reason the sulphur is a natural germ killer and we all need to shoot more.

I feel your shame OP. I too am a shameful son-of-a-gun not worthy to live among polite society.

Please hear me out. I know this wasn’t the smartest thing for me to do what with owing nearly $2000 extra to the taxman this year but I couldn’t help myself. I’ve been looking on-line and seeing how pricing just keeps going up so I took the plunge and ordered a Lyman Signature GPR kit. I know I should be ashamed of myself and really don’t know what came over me, but the deal is done. Alas I will force myself to wallow in the depths of my self-inflicted state of emotional turmoil at least until the kit gets here. So please be kind and let not your arrows of crimination be flung to harshly.

Here in UK I can line the walls with genuine flintlock and percussion muzzle loading small arms of all kinds, always supposing that I could afford it.
Like this, in Inverary Castle...

1617381398006.png

Yup, that there is TWO HUNDRED mint and perfect Brown Bess muskets right there, and that doesn't count the walls behind the photographer...

However, I can't put even ONE replica on display - that's agin the law.

Last edited:
Don't worry about it. If you hadn't bought the rifle, you would have just wasted the money on "Cigarettes and whiskey and wild, wild women"...

Back