• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I know it was wrong, but....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please hear me out. I know this wasn’t the smartest thing for me to do what with owing nearly $2000 extra to the taxman this year but I couldn’t help myself. I’ve been looking on-line and seeing how pricing just keeps going up so I took the plunge and ordered a Lyman Signature GPR kit. I know I should be ashamed of myself and really don’t know what came over me, but the deal is done. Alas I will force myself to wallow in the depths of my self-inflicted state of emotional turmoil at least until the kit gets here. So please be kind and let not your arrows of crimination be flung to harshly.
I'm waiting to invest my stimulus money in Crypto...then pull the growth and go buy several Muzzleloaders....So yeah, same issue.

I'm already thinking about which firearm I'll buy out of my $1400 stimulus check! Good luck with the kit! The purchase helps stimulate the BP industry....

Yeah that was my inital thought but I figured what the heck I have a few extra coins now so get the Kit and hope uncle Joe sends the money before Tax day.

A late friend of mine had three trips to Viet Nam as a medic and amazingly never got a scratch, although the people he dealt with often had much worse that that. As he set foot back on US soil for the last time [he never left the Lower 48 again for the rest of his life] he promised himself that he would thereafter exercise his right buy a gun whenever he felt like it, but it would be at least one per month, for the rest of his life.

This he did, he was, after all, a man of his word, In fact, some months went buy when at least two took his fancy, sometimes, three.

I used to ask him how many guns he actually had, and he replied that he'd actually lost count sometime in the mid-80's but it was a 'considrubble amount'. He passed away in 2020, leaving behind, we think, something like 1800-2000 guns of all kinds - a reasonable collection that was quickly and discreetly dispersed to deserving folks of his acquaintance.

Sad to say, none of these guns would have passed muster here, since they were all c*r*r*d*e shooters, but he was a happy man, for sure.

I went into the local gunstore today and there was a pretty little Knight lk93, I dropped a bore light in and it looked clean. Came with nothing, no breech plug wrench, no manual. But its only 100.00. I can't believe I left without it!
This is very addicting.

I went into the local gunstore today and there was a pretty little Knight lk93, I dropped a bore light in and it looked clean. Came with nothing, no breech plug wrench, no manual. But its only 100.00. I can't believe I left without it!
This is very addicting.
Forum Rule.
7: We do not discuss modern (in-line) muzzleloading firearms.
Early historic breech loading guns that do not use primed metallic or semi-metallic cartridges and meet the requirements of rule #1 are permitted for discussion.
See special rules at the bottom for posts about breech loading firearms.

Hey, has anyone tried to sneak a muzzleloader into the house and not get caught?
Try putting a lamp shade on it, and tell the wife it's a new lamp stand. She will surely tell you to put it in your man-cave.
Hey, it worked for a Winchester Model 94!
Kinda like the leg lamp from the movie A Christmas Story , My son has one, puts it in his window every Christmas, His
X wife hated it , the four grand daughters and their friends thought it was cool
gunnyr

A late friend of mine had three trips to Viet Nam as a medic and amazingly never got a scratch, although the people he dealt with often had much worse that that. As he set foot back on US soil for the last time [he never left the Lower 48 again for the rest of his life] he promised himself that he would thereafter exercise his right buy a gun whenever he felt like it, but it would be at least one per month, for the rest of his life.

This he did, he was, after all, a man of his word, In fact, some months went buy when at least two took his fancy, sometimes, three.

I used to ask him how many guns he actually had, and he replied that he'd actually lost count sometime in the mid-80's but it was a 'considrubble amount'. He passed away in 2020, leaving behind, we think, something like 1800-2000 guns of all kinds - a reasonable collection that was quickly and discreetly dispersed to deserving folks of his acquaintance.

Sad to say, none of these guns would have passed muster here, since they were all c*r*r*d*e shooters, but he was a happy man, for sure.
Guys like him are the best of us... “doc” to his Marines.

ill tell you, the bug bites hard 5 years ago i started at 1 a Lyman deerstalker .54 5 years later ive had as many as 43, now im down to 40 with them hanging leaning everywhere gonna have to buy a couple more gun cabinets for sure. its hard to get totally use to one when you have others ive gun new rifles i still havent shot.
Worse than having to buy guns is having to buy/build cabinets. They sure eat into available floor space.

Worse than having to buy guns is having to buy/build cabinets. They sure eat into available floor space.
Just built this room display. Haven’t got them all out yet or the safes moved in but I’m getting there.............one good muzzleloader deserves another!!
84F85B94-92BC-4E75-A714-D211D75D2A6E.jpeg

Please hear me out. I know this wasn’t the smartest thing for me to do what with owing nearly $2000 extra to the taxman this year but I couldn’t help myself. I’ve been looking on-line and seeing how pricing just keeps going up so I took the plunge and ordered a Lyman Signature GPR kit. I know I should be ashamed of myself and really don’t know what came over me, but the deal is done. Alas I will force myself to wallow in the depths of my self-inflicted state of emotional turmoil at least until the kit gets here. So please be kind and let not your arrows of crimination be flung to harshly.
I too, fell victim to the siren's call and ordered a GPR kit in .54 Flintlock a couple of month's ago. First time for a rifle kit project like this. I was warned that it would take 30-40 hours of filing, polishing, browning etc - but it was worth it - and it is one of the last Lyman branded ones that I found. Turned out pretty good - looks more like something a mountain man would take to the hills with and not a city slicker's Sunday shooter. Happy with it - oil stained finish and browned barrel - appreciate what guys on the forum offer as "enhancements" to theirs. Best wishes and good shooting to all!

We are all gonna be dead for a long, long time.....enjoy yourself while you can

Back