• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

I know it was wrong, but....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The word " Taxes" has a few letters used in the very important word , "Ten X ES". In time you'l learn the first is a drudgery , while the second , "Ten-X es" , are never a problem even if they are hard to achieve . I like to hit a 4"by 4" square of orange duct tape at 50 yds.. That's almost an "out of body " experience for me................oldwood

I bought a Traditions Kentucky Rifle kit yesterday. I told my wife that I bought a new rifle and she said "No more guns!" I explained that it is a black powder flintlock and that made things much better.
Oh what she doesn't know....

Please hear me out. I know this wasn’t the smartest thing for me to do what with owing nearly $2000 extra to the taxman this year but I couldn’t help myself. I’ve been looking on-line and seeing how pricing just keeps going up so I took the plunge and ordered a Lyman Signature GPR kit. I know I should be ashamed of myself and really don’t know what came over me, but the deal is done. Alas I will force myself to wallow in the depths of my self-inflicted state of emotional turmoil at least until the kit gets here. So please be kind and let not your arrows of crimination be flung to harshly.
Oh the humanity! 😁

Shame, Shame on you, one must know their limitations, so in saying that looks like you are on the right path, shoot on.

The government wastes tax money , interest rates are low to nonexistant , any thing to do with black powder is
pure pleasure and money well spent. There is nothing like the smell of black powder to clear your mind and
set the world straight. Black powder firearms are part of my 401K retirement so I'm a winner all the way around.
Who would have thought.
gunnyr

I bought a Traditions Kentucky Rifle kit yesterday. I told my wife that I bought a new rifle and she said "No more guns!" I explained that it is a black powder flintlock and that made things much better.
Oh what she doesn't know....

The SgtMaj {wife} told me not to bring another Hat {cover} or Gun in house , if I do shes leaving. Now I'm just
waiting on right ones to come along. She is very forgiving, out of sight out of mind, she has never been in or
looked in my bunker of solitude, been 50 years this way. My dad told me that if I didn't marry her , that he would.
The best advice I have ever received.
gunnyr

ill tell you, the bug bites hard 5 years ago i started at 1 a Lyman deerstalker .54 5 years later ive had as many as 43, now im down to 40 with them hanging leaning everywhere gonna have to buy a couple more gun cabinets for sure. its hard to get totally use to one when you have others ive gun new rifles i still havent shot.
I sometimes wonder if the iron I have upstairs isn't going to collapse the floor. I dasnt take the swivel gun or mortar up there !

Man I know bought a big gunsafe. Maybe 2, I disremember. Once they were installed in his basement he spent hours bringing weapons from upstairs to the basement, past his TV watching wife.
Eventually she exploded with: "Jesus! Just how many !@#$%^&* guns do you have?!?!?!?"
Funny thing? He didn't know.

Please hear me out. I know this wasn’t the smartest thing for me to do what with owing nearly $2000 extra to the taxman this year but I couldn’t help myself. I’ve been looking on-line and seeing how pricing just keeps going up so I took the plunge and ordered a Lyman Signature GPR kit. I know I should be ashamed of myself and really don’t know what came over me, but the deal is done. Alas I will force myself to wallow in the depths of my self-inflicted state of emotional turmoil at least until the kit gets here. So please be kind and let not your arrows of crimination be flung to harshly.
I'm already thinking about which firearm I'll buy out of my $1400 stimulus check! Good luck with the kit! The purchase helps stimulate the BP industry....

Back