• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How many shots do you fire a year

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in the good ole days before I got married and civilized I lived in the country and shooting consisted of getting far enough from the house that the powder smoke didn't get in the living room, most times. There was a time or two that shooting off the porch seemed like a good idea. Back then I went through from two to four pounds of black and several tins of caps.

Jobs, wife, other hobbies, commitments have all cut down on that. I bought a five lb bag of powder and a sleeve of caps (1000) when I bought my 58 musketoon, and dang if I don't have most of it left.

I need to get to the range, or woods.

Eterry

i, out of my own curiosity, just started to keep count. so far this year (400) cause i won an ar15. but with warmer weather coming the flintlocks will be taken out and practice will begin. i shoot anything i can at the range but i only hunt with blackpowder guns, smoothbore, rifled, flint and percussion. mostly flint. seven years ago i divorced and my range time has gone up greatly.

About 200 shots at my club shoots, maybe 50 shots during a couple of "me" sessions, and maybe 100 shots at NMLRA National Shoots. Operating Running Boar really cuts down on shooting at the National Shoots.

So about 350 rounds, from 32 to 75 caliber. And all of it FUN.

I play a lot, shoot handguns, rifle and shotgun. Weather has a lot to do with when and how much. Some months none, and some several hundred. Near as I can guess 3000 to 4000 a year maybe more total for all.

Got my first flinter last year, so maybe 50 to 100. Hopefully more this year since I have another being built now. :grin:

Latest posts

Back