• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

how many people are in your camp?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy,
We usually have 3 in our immediate camp, my wife, 23 year old son and myself. He is working and getting together with friends, but he has been bitten by the 'Vous bug' and likes it. We camp with real good friends usually and that brings us up to 8. If we camp with our living history group, we can have upwards of 100 great people. Then if we go to an Eastern, we camp with upwards of 3,000 of our closest friends. LOL
Sorry, just got carried away.
We really enjoy this lifestyle, hobby, sport or whatever you want to call it and look forward to the next event. We have 5 larger events on the calander this year and a bunch of day trips planned.
Thanks for asking!!

Usually at my camp its me, my wife, my 7 year old son and some of the neighbors kids whos folks don't camp and fish. Kinda helps out when we take others to enjoy the outdoors. Especially those used to city life! :rolleyes:
Bottom line is to have fun :thumbsup:

My camp consists of 2 - me and my wife. For awhile it was only me, but now shes back into the swing of things. We mostly do spring, fall and winter camps - have to watch summer camps cause she has MS and the heat can be a problem. Ages: Mid 40's to early 50's. We don't lug as much as we used to and try to go lighter all the time.

Typically it is my wife and I along with a 13yr son and a 16yr daughter. If momma and I are lucky we might get our 1.5yr grandson. We have also brought along a friend or two of the kids to show them the fun. We'll camp anywhere from 5 to 10 events a year. Some local, some far, and some nationals. :m2c:

during the warm weather it is usually my wife and i. during the colder months it is my voo partner and i. so the normal camp is two people.
pieman

Well, it's usually just me at the start, but then Sir Henry and Pieman show up holding jugs and beers, then the rest of the camp shows up...chaos ensues....

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Some day I'll have to tell you guys about the day I met Squire Hank and Pieman there...."interesting" to say the least. But I think that it's a tale best told at the Rondy on the Ridge over a jug of awfulness.

But it depends on what we're doing. I often bring flatlanders and greenhorns along, and I always have extra room in my lodge so I often end up with loafers who didn't feel like going home that night. Seems fair enough, as I have Camp Dog'd plenty of times m'self and relied on the kindness of others.

Sound like you've got a full lodge there, though...you got enough skins to cover all them folks??

For those of you who mentioned bringing along guests who you are trying to interest in rendezvous, from WHERE do you squirt out those extra outfits to clothe these visitors? I have three little ones, and just trying to get cloth and shoes for them is a real expensive effort. To outfit a "maybe" would seem like a major task. I do not have extra clothes, or cold weather wear, even for myself and wife . . . . how does that work? Do you go out and just buy it for them, or what? Thanks.

Well I didn't do that as a "beginner". I latched onto another group of seasoned veterans, explained the problem of Nicky Newguy, and they had spare clothing.

Today, my camp has five people, my adult daughter, my hunting buddy and his wife, and his 9 year-old son. Now, after 20 years, I have lots of stuff to lend. My 13 year old has suddenly started to take an interest too, so I will have to make some male teenage clothing.

We always camp close to friends with ages from 20 months to 70 years as well.

LD

Just like L Dave, I started with only the clothes on my back, but as time has gone on, more clothing came - a change for longer, hotter events, cold weather gear, etc. As stuff became almost worn out or was upgraded by something more PC, it went into the loaner bag.

2 - ages 64 & 65 & it gets harder every year to go.

...Then if we go to an Eastern, we camp with upwards of 3,000 of our closest friends...
I guess it's been a while since you've been to an Eastern, I reckon. They are lucky to get 1000 attendees today and they're getting smaller every year.

necchi said:
My question is where are you digging up these ancient posts :haha:
Boredom? :idunno:

I have a huge number at my camp..... if one can be considered a huge number......
I'm number one! I'm number one! I'm..... oops, time for a number 2........ Must be those baked beans.......

When trekking for overnighters, just two, my wife and I.

Usually hunting camp is just me and my wife. This year for muzzleloading elk and deer seasons, I'll have two others I met here on the forum. Two strong big guys , and much younger than I, for dragging out the game. I will probably bore them with 60 years of hunting stories. But, only after dark.

I haven't been to a rondy since about 1977.

Here in Alaska, we have established a loaner stockpile of period clothing that is passed from one booshway to the next to help ensure that visitors to our rendezvous are properly clothed. I purchased a large action-packer tub and folks are encouraged to donate clothing that they have "outgrown". If rondy participants are unable to provide clothing for their guests, the booshway or Segundo will snatch them up and insist they find something from the loaner tub to fit. We're just now getting this going and so far, it has worked pretty well.

If I'm setting up as company cook there will be two sleeping in the A and the commissary tent is an attached wall and fly and 20-25 I'm feeding. If doing only infantry two in the A without the wall.

Back