• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

how many people are in your camp?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabi

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I would like to know the average camp site. This year it looks like my camp may make it to seven people, ages 5,8,20,20,21,21,23. What kind of ages are out there? I really think we need to get more people, young and old into the reenacting thing. How do others recruit people, especially people you don't know(like the general public)

We only have two, ages 46 and 18 :D Down from seven, Divorce and kids growing up have taken their toll. But it is easier to set up camp and cook. :imo:

Gabi,
My camp is usually one. It was two for a while until my son went away to college. Now he is graduating and geting married within a week of each other, so I think camp will remain one. BTW, are you miz Gabi form MuzzMag campfire?
God bless.
volatpluvia

Normally there are two in our camp, my partner is pushing 50 and I'm old. Occasionally we get one of his sons to come up but generally our guests are cashing social security checks or close to it. My daughter-in-law is pregnant so I may get a grandson up there before I get too old to teach him how to cast a fly line or shoot a flintlock. Graybeard

Thanks for telling me about your camp. I feel knowing about how a person hass a camp tells a lot about how they vou. No i am not this person you speak of.

There are three of us in our camp.Me (50),wife (not 50) and our three year old daughter.

In our camp the main two are myself 43 and DH 43, Occasionally my DD comes 22.
My whole family is involved in this so when we all camp together its one big group, there are 16 of us ranging from 65 to 7

volatpluvia,
maybe your sons wife to be will enjoy it as well....I love a good rondy and am building my own rifle as well...maybe you can get them involved :D

Well,

It could be just me, or me and the Mrs., or me and a buddy (if hunting) or me and the three boys, or me and the Mrs. and the three boys, or if one of the two girls is home they might want ta join in, or me and the buddy could go huntin and take my boys and his boys...

Then again it could be me and two dozen Boy Scouts, and any number of parents and assistant Scoutmasters, or me and a handful of Scouts and one other Scoutmaster (esp. high-adventure).

So my answer? At least one, usually more.

My cmap depends on time of year! Warm weather the whole crew wife daughter grand son and grand daughter son and myself Thats 3-44yrs. Cold camp My voo pard myself and occasionaly my son, those kids start havin girl friends work and everything that goes along with slow down on vooing and ya jest can'nt wait to get them back but mine keep on a comin jest not as often! I've heard that happen's with alot of voo kids. :results:

My wife and I and our two chocolate Labs. Soon to be down to one because my oldest is beginning to fail. :cry:

My Camp :hmm:
My Lady, 220 lb dog, Cat, friend or two and my self, guess that makes 4 To 6

3 people in my camp... myself, my 18 year old daughter, and my 'newbie' a 9 year old daughter.
Wife, son couldn't care less. I like it that way!!!
:redthumb:

Just my wife and I (kids are grown and GONE!)in the immediate camp, but our neighbors we got into this are snuggling up real close, so make it 4 now. Our little club often camps together and can have upwards of 20-30 in a local area. Some of these are Boy Scouts, and a few other kids, so there is some young blood. We are all off to the Southwestern Rondy next week.

somewhere between 2 and 20 depending on who is home, who is working, which kid is trying to impress which boy/girl, what the wether is and how far from home the camp is!

It dosen't matter, we have 70 feet of canvas and can probably sleep 100 if necessary.

:results:

gabi, it all depends upon which unit I camp with! I can have as many as 20 or as few as two! My usual camp size includes my entire family, Mom, Dad, brother, myself and son! A lot of canvas to haul, and set up, but once done, a lot of fun. Most times, it's just myself and my 14 year old son, who cannot wait to carry a musket of his own. No matter the size of the camp, however, my hospitality is always there, usually have food or drink around, since I never know how many mouths I'm gonna feed! :redthumb:

For me it all depends.
Sometimes just one, most of the time 2 (ma femme and myself), but it has been up to 15 at a time all packed into the same canvas hovell.

Cookie,
When my son brought her home he requested I show her my home built guns. Her most often used word was: "wow". I don't know if she will be interested in learning to shoot ML's. But the two of them have a long way to go before having much time to go to rendezvous. She will be putting him through seminary for the next three years, Hee, Hee.
God bless.
volatpluvia

Don't want to rough it anymore so we use a tin teepee,just the two of us usually sometimes 2 grandkids &son make it.

Gabi: Good evening! We normally have 3 folks in our camp: FireMaker, myself and our son the Drummer and Storyteller. Sometimes our dog, Dougon accompanies us. He is so funny. He loves to go with us, but often at events (especially if it is rainy) he gets that "look" of "when are you gonna take me home so I can be in a warm house and dry bed."

Once we had 2 adults and 3 kids in a small wedge tent. A bit crowded, and hot, but we had a great time.

Have a good week!

StongWoman

Back