• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How many do you have?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have enough variety to hunt anything that walks, runs or flies within 500 miles of the house. But I could probably use a few more!

I used to have quite a nice collection but the (now)ex wife quit making house payments while I was on one of my vacations to the middle east. I heard they had a nice auction after they repo'd the place.
Probably a good thing I didn't have any when I got home :hmm:

Loyalist Dave said:
I just have a few books with pictures of guns in them anymore. And for anything more serious, I have a phone and can remember the # for 911.

Does your local Emergency Services deliver venison

Excellent point about the meat.

I'm a LEO...been one for more than 25 years, in fact it was other cops that got me from caplocks into flinters...anyway...

An "excellent" to "outstanding" police response time to a violent felony call is two minutes...120 seconds....any faster is just luck...

After 25 years I can tell you... A lot of badness can happen in those two minutes! :shocked2:

LD

Sorry to have mislead y'all. A GUN is something that is large, and mounted on a ship, and I do not have a single one--neither a gun nor a ship. I am also a peace office, and the response time should anything happen at my place is somewhere between 800 fps and 3650 fps, depending on just what happens to be in reach, and there is always something in reach because I ALWAYS carry. I just don't ever tell what I have or how many I have, cause frankly, why would you put that kind of information out in public. Now, for anyone who seriously relies on police response times, and once again, I am one, but please have a way to protect you and yours at all times. One of the worst response times I have ever seen was 1 hour and 45 minutes, and that was when the call went out that there were shots fired. 4 gang members died that day, and the homeowner was unscathed. This was in a city of a bit over 100K people. Another was a police officer pinned down by a couple of turds shooting at him and the backup showed up just shy of 2 hours after the call went out--2 turds down and one injured officer. This second was in a small town of less than 1K people and the neighboring agencies didn't have anyone on duty to send, so had to call people in and hope they would make it in time. To be fair, most of that almost 2 hours was waiting after the problem had been taken care of already, but the second officer on scene arrived at 1 hour and 54 minutes, and the ambulance about 20 minutes later.

As to the other concern, don't worry y'all, the deer are NOT pets and know it. There's a fresh one in the freezer now, but it was taken with a longbow cause our rifle season was still a few days away a week ago.

Stumpkiller Does your local Emergency Services deliver venison?[/quote said:
I have seen my local emergency services hit a deer and a couple of hogs, does that count?

Hind sight does indeed stink. Many of the rifles I sometimes post about are long gone and are just sweet memories. Yes I could really kick myself. I am no longer in a position where I can replace anything I let go. I do have one last one coming soon and it cost me two others plus the contents of a piggy bank. But I'll be able to shoot squirrels again at least by next year. Talk about a skeleton crew....

Back