• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How do you Carry Lube?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother was a "bottle hound"...Always digging old dumps, junk ditches, and outhouses.
Years back I was at a rendezvous that had a glass blower.....Very fascinating to watch.

Colorado Clyde said:
Did you know that you can buy empty lip balm containers and fill them with whatever concoction you want?....Or reuse an old one....

I have put SPG lube in them before but it is too tacky and didn't work as well as good old chapstick. Besides chapstick is super cheap and available anywhere.

Only carry lubed patches . I got a very old brass shoe polish tin that is on its third owner that I carry them in . My grandfather got it from his father and I got it from him filled with the last patches he cut and lubed before he died . I've used it 30 years myself and am not really sure how long he had used it.

Eddie

Honestly I prefer a more solidified oil and wax lube for taking care of my guns than a liquid oil.I do cary water into the field though in a leather container.you can make one in any shape and size to fit you're fancy and soak it in hot wax till air stops coming out of the leather,cap it with a wood plug or cork. Keep it upright and you'll be ok

Back