• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My Trade Gun Kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
B5504A27-18D7-4605-BFCC-C07AF2B27A42.jpeg

Hey all! Just figured I’d share. This is my recently put together bag and horn kit for my Carolina Type G painted trade gun. The powder horn was made by Tim Crosby and the glass beaded wampum strap is from a seller on Etsy called Black Swamp Snark. The Lyman style belt pouch is by an unknown maker. It features a divider (as did the original) and in the front pocket I am carrying balls and greased tow wadding.

The rear pocket carries a small flint wallet with three gun flints, a vent pick, clean dry tow for cleaning the bore, small rag for wiping the frizzen etc., and a turnscrew. I plan on getting a tow worm soon and once I find the powder charge my gun likes, will be hanging a fixed powder measure from my horn.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I would re-think the powder measure attached to the horn tip as it will hang down and get caught up on everything or lost, The other thing I would do is attach the powder horn plug to the horn, drill a small hole in the plug and knot a cord through the plug then tie off the other end to the horn spout, they have a habit of getting lost especially if you are hunting. I attach my measure to a hand made chain which is long enough to attach to the side edge of the bag and allows enough length to properly use, after charging the rifle the measure gets placed back in the bag along with the length of chain, nothing dangling. Nice kit.

Back