• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

History of hunting from trees

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I have to tell you the joke is lost on you…a lot of you people have no sense of humor, at all.
Relax

I figured you were joking.
But there is no indication thereof. Some folks will take that as such movies being good as a primary source of historical information.

3qzg9h.jpg

😉 😆

You think folks here are dumb enough to think The Revenant is a documentary…but you want me to lighten up?

Try decaf.
Yes, some of them.
Maybe you haven't been paying attention to some of the stupidity that gets posted here as being historically accurate.
While maybe not a documentary, I can definitely see people here quoting it as a historical reference,,,, look how many people use "Last of The Mohegans," as a reference.
If you think people won't, you have more faith in people than I can muster anymore.

This reminds me of a guy who my dad's friend told me about. He enjoyed his beer, while hunting, and at one point had a few too many while in his tree stand. He saw a huge buck coming, dropped all his arrows, somehow the buck didn't see that, and because the guy had enough liquid courage, he decided to dive into the buck with his knife as it walked under.

rNatural forest fires were obviously left to burn, creating habitat and regrowth. We only fight thesm due to insurance payouts and logging companies.-
Walk
It's estimated by forestry experts that, prior to 1492, 90% of the acreage of the Southeast would have been burned over within a span of every 3 to 5 years, due to summer lightning strikes. These would not have been hot, grown-tree-killing forest fires, but fast spreading, low-intensity ground fires that would remove the fallen leaves, hardwood sprouts and saplings, and ground shrubs that had accumulated since whenever the area had burned previously. The ecosystem outside wet drainage areas was longleaf pine over a wiregrass forest floor. William Bartram, the great naturalist of the 18th century, documented seeing deer in herds of 200+ feeding in the open park-like areas under the pines while living with my Creek kinfolk in Georgia. By that point, they were using firearms almost exclusively, so climbing trees may not have been something they needed to do. The climbzble trees would have been in thdcdrai age areas that were too damp to burn, or in second-growth hardwood hammocks that sprouted up in old cleared and cultivated fields that had been abandoned by previous inhabitants of the area (which, btw, is what the Mvskoke name "Tallahassee" means..)
I DO seem to remember some Spanish documentation of Native archers hunting defrom trees.

Back