• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Historicly correct

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Copied from another post I left related to this subject............

I'd sure hate to this forum go absolutely PC-HC. To me I am shooting the same "type" rifles great great grampa did and that's cool. Not allot of interest in becoming totally HC/PC, besides I'm afreared of horses so how would I get to the woods?HOW DO YOU GET TO YOUR RANGE? umm hmm. Not xactly PC/HC huh;) So if you elect to drive rubberised motorized equipment to the range thats where you have elected to stop in the HC/PC Journey. I aint said nothin. Let me (us) stop along the trail were we like as well:D

I'd sure hate to this forum go absolutely PC-HC. To me I am shooting the same "type" rifles great great grampa did and that's cool. Not allot of interest in becoming totally HC/PC, besides I'm afreared of horses so how would I get to the woods?HOW DO YOU GET TO YOUR RANGE? umm hmm. Not xactly PC/HC huh;) So if you elect to drive rubberised motorized equipment to the range thats where you have elected to stop in the HC/PC Journey. I aint said nothin. Let me (us) stop along the trail were we like as well:D
Straw-man...

My friend, We all have a place here on the forum.

Those who choose to be totally!

Those who choose to be semi!

Those who choose to do partake as they see fit for themselves.

It’s definitely a personal choice. All personal levels of involvement are acceptable in my eyes!

There’s room for everyone here! I also enjoy the fact that there are those who’re totally dedicated to trying to be 100% Traditional in their journeys. I salute those who try and are able to put in the time, educational aspects, funding, and heartfelt desire.

I also salute those who are striving to get to that personal goal of their own accomplishment as they see fit!

I also salute those who only want to enjoy traditional muzzleloading as a recreational aspect in their hectic busy life’s. They’re only wanting to shoot, having fun for the time that’s allotted to them!

I say God Bless you all where ever you are and choose to be ??

There’s room for everyone !!!

Respectfully, Cowboy

Is it wrong for me to point out that historically the word "historically" had an "a" in it?

Does it make me a Nazi cop if I point that out?

Sometimes what you may view as criticism is just someone trying to help you get it right. Like "psssst. Your fly is down. And PS - breeches flies were from not much earlier than 1893."

I think it is a mistake for the owner of this forum and the moderators to allow topics like this. All these kind of topics accomplish is the sowing of hatred and dividing of members. This topic should have been deleted a long time ago.

Somewhere out there is a First Amendment to the Constitution in the Bill of Rights that I would give my life to uphold. We can weather dissatisfaction as long as we remember why we are here.

I think it is a mistake for the owner of this forum and the moderators to allow topics like this. All these kind of topics accomplish is the sowing of hatred and dividing of members. This topic should have been deleted a long time ago.
Well I wouldn't go that far,, but your kinda right.
I'm wondering why a topic listed as "Historicly correct" is even left in the General Muzzle loading section?
Where "non-historically correct" issues are shared on a daily basis.
There are specific sections to discuss documentation and/or "correct" situations for several different genera of historical study available by just scrolling down and selecting the proper section of interest.
If the OP is bent about others comments in the General section,,(?)

Well good luck friend,, there's other forums out there, :) ;)

Censoring a topic because someone might disagree? Has our society degenerated so far that all things that might be unpleasant to someone at some time somewhere must be sanitized. Are we not adults? This has gotten ridiculous...

We can weather dissatisfaction as long as we remember why we are here.
Censoring a topic because someone might disagree? Has our society degenerated so far that all things that might be unpleasant to someone at some time somewhere must be sanitized. Are we not adults? This has gotten ridiculous...

Ridiculous indeed!
Exactly why I thought it should be deleted. It's not a "first amendment issue" it is a matter of decorum and civility. These sort of things tend to devolve.

We live in the here and now, so we pick a spot where we are going or go trek or hunt or meet some friends or go to an event we have to get there some how. Few of us live on farms or rais gardens big enough to see to our needs. What we do on the way is not the same as when we cross the line we erect in to the past.
At an event we have to follow many modren rules. Fire rules, fire resistant canvas, portapoddies, and maybe somecamp safe rules related to too much drinking, along with state laws. We can’t have a cock fight orbare fisted boxing and lots of gambling.

Well I'm dropping out of this argument (discussion). But next time ya roll up to camp and pretend to be HC (in yer F-150 with with AC and CD) just know there's a "straw man" out there chuckling at yer lack of REALLY trying to be HC. You can afford the F-150 for gawds sake you can afford a horse. Guess yer hearts not 100% into the game after all? If all ya got is a "high horse" yer not near as close as you thought.

I am a new member who belongs to many Black Powder Organizations CLA,NMLRA,HCH etc. I have been hunting with Flintlocks since the 70's. I appreciate the discussions on HC and PC even though I have never dressed out for an event. I do try to use what is considered by many to be the correct tools and Acoutrements. Even though I have been using Flintlocks for a long time I certainly enjoy these conversations because I do not consider myself an expert. To me the give and take is what is important. I am sure that what was considered HC when I began shooting (1975) is no longer HC now. Research and discussion will continue to change perspectives.

... this personally upset him enough that he should make a grand exit (and garner sympathy?). If you don't like it - leave. You don't need to make a dramatic exit...
Quite often, when a member says they're leaving, they stick around and read the responses. The OP for this thread was logged in at 2:49PM yesterday.

I am new here. I think there is room for all. I see all the sub sections. I am a historian and love to study the old ways. But it is important that we all treat each other with respect and dignity, after all we do have this common interest. I do not consider using modern tools or modern finishes on a build to be non HC. As long as my future build is a correct example of a certain period. I applaud those who have the talent to used 18th century tools and old stain formulas. But many of us without those talents, should we miss out on the joy and experience. I will try to keep it as HC as possible, hope to not be ridiculed if I cannot meet others expectations. But then I am from Texas and we are pretty thick skinned around here. I think I can take some corrective criticism.

Well I'm dropping out of this argument (discussion). But next time ya roll up to camp and pretend to be HC (in yer F-150 with with AC and CD) just know there's a "straw man" out there chuckling at yer lack of REALLY trying to be HC. You can afford the F-150 for gawds sake you can afford a horse. Guess yer hearts not 100% into the game after all? If all ya got is a "high horse" yer not near as close as you thought.
One thing which would help ease the tensions is for those who don't know anything about reenacting, don't care anything about reenacting, and especially those who don't like reenacting and reenactors, to stay out of the conversation. A thing which has always puzzled me since I got into the game is why such people always feel it's OK for them to tell me how I should do it.

Spence

One thing which would help ease the tensions is for those who don't know anything about reenacting, don't care anything about reenacting, and especially those who don't like reenacting and reenactors, to stay out of the conversation.

My best friend is one of those. He collects guns, is a gunsmith and loves to shoot. But the idea of reenacting just blows his mind. He doesn't understand why anyone would dress up and pretend like that. He does love to shoot and that is his 'thang'. Shoot. Period. And, he did drop out of all online discussion forums. Each to his own.

Maybe HC actually should stand for Hollywood Correct. I have to admit that I enjoy seeing some of the outrageous garb that some people create and wear to ride in parades or, in some cases, plaster on the cover of magazines. Fur faces on the hats, with legs and tails hanging down everywhere. Quill and bead work out the wazoo and every possible seam fringed with 2' long angel hair fringe that would make any stone age shaman pale with envy. It's all in good fun. It is whole different mindset than the PC crowd here has, about only portraying those that wouldn't stand out in a crowd. If it floats one's boat, and gets your creative juices flowing, whats not to like. Don't expect to get into a juried event, but the world of muzzle loaders is not limited to juried events. Having fun is important in life, too, you know.

BTW, just for the record I want to point out this particular thread is NOT located in the reenactor section of the MLF. If it were, I would not have posted the above remark.

One thing which would help ease the tensions is for those who don't know anything about reenacting, don't care anything about reenacting, and especially those who don't like reenacting and reenactors, to stay out of the conversation. A thing which has always puzzled me since I got into the game is why such people always feel it's OK for them to tell me how I should do it.

Spence
Yet those who are into HC seem to feel it's OK to tell non-HC people how to do it. To press their choices on others, Outside the reeacting forum. A cursory glance above regarding lubricants will show this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back