• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help on price of 1851

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pretty

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have had a Lyman 1851 in 36 caliber for over 25+ years, not sure if I want to sell it or trade it. only sot about 4 cylinder So it's in great shape

This is the "for sale" section. Is it for sale or isn't it???? If you want input on what it's approximate value is, you should post your question in the Handgun section along with pictures.

Thank you, sorry I got on the wrong classified section.
It is a silver looking frame not brass

I haven't Looked at it fer years and I don't know how to do pictures But I have some one that will be here this week end she might know how to do pictures.

Hum --- let me reflect on this --- old gun - great shape- want to sell during COVID-19 pandemic when nothing is reasonably priced -- let me think -- I know -"the sky's the limit". This is a GREAT time for a seller I would not be buying anything gun related at this time Just my two cents worth. Your mileage may vary:dunno::horseback:

Pictures of 1851 Box has damage

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 159
Those photos are so small as to not be any larger than the attachments. Cannot discern a thing about your revolver from the photos.

Lyman was an importer of Italian guns. Therefore, there should be a date code, either in Roman numerals, or alpha characters in a rectangle on the right side of the frame or on the bottom of the frame adjacent to the barrel lug. There should also be other manufacturer marks elsewhere on the gun. If you got it in a box with accoutrements, it should not be a kit gun devoid of any markings.

Regards,

Jim

I'm sorry I DO NOT HOW TO DO PICTURES. My gal is comeing over in the morning I'll as her if she know how to make them bigger.
I beginning to regret Putting it on the fourm

Don't sweat it, you're learning. You know how to post pictures now. When she gets there concentrate on close pictures of the revolver, the box would be of interest only to a serious collector.

That's probably the brand mark under the barrel in photo #5 but it's still too small to read and though I've tried a number of ways I'm unable to enlarge the pictures without making them so blurry I can't read them. The revolver looks nice.

Back