• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help Identifying

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zulch

40 Cal
Reaction score
I recently ran across this in a local pawn shop that sells BP supplies. No one could tell me anything about it. Please see pictures. I’m sorry if the pictures are not the best. Appreciate any thoughts that anyone cares to share. Thank you
B34430B2-815F-4244-8738-D0586D43E25E.jpeg
D885AA83-0DF8-4889-B077-85FE04AA9502.jpeg
5B92378D-8EB6-4768-AAC9-E581BAA690CA.jpeg
F7513BBE-BA92-43AD-8251-6599DE6BA3CF.jpeg

Last edited:
I apologize for the redundancy of photos. My first post and using a phone. Sorry. Thank you,

Sir, thank you for that information. How do you feel about the price? High? Average?

its a CVA mountain rifle, it has a 2 screw patchbox, prolly made in Spain. I have 2, one in 45 and one in 50. They fit me well and shoot great, very accurate. Both of mine are the early models stamped made in USA on the barrels.

Sir, thank you for that information. How do you feel about the price? High? Average?

Last edited:
If it is pretty much pristine, around here (Vancouver Island) that would not be unreasonable. From what I see there, probably less. Offer half and bargain hard. Looking at the dings around the end of the barrel, I would want to take a look with a bore scope. It's seen some life. Maybe 40 or 50 years of it.

If it is pretty much pristine, around here (Vancouver Island) that would not be unreasonable. From what I see there, probably less. Offer half and bargain hard. Looking at the dings around the end of the barrel, I would want to take a look with a bore scope. It's seen some life. Maybe 40 or 50 years of it.
flntlokr. Thank you. I appreciate your comments very much. I'm still on the fence about it. Using a bore scope is a great suggestion! Thanks again.

When dickering, most pawn shops set their prices for around 100% of what ever the item have cost them.

Ergo, speak to the shop owner, and not a clerk, then lay your cash offer on the counter before telling them that the cash is all you can pay for it.

Too high for that model. The ones marked MADE IN USA might be worth near that. I have two 'Made in USA' models that were earlier. They have 4 screw patch boxes and hexagon ramrod ferrules. One of mine has maple with quite a bit of curl. I might get almost that much for that one and around $400 for the other. Both are in excellent condition,,. [BTW: Not for sale]. Polecat

Ya appears CVA Dikar Spain. Price is up there. I say $300-350 tops.
Offer them 300 if you want it. Leave your phone number. They
are good rifles and are usually very accurate. However, used it is not
a $500 gun-- unless of course it is something else and I am missing the ID.

Back