• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gun Lost :’(

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dixie is responsible to get it to your door. I would have my credit card company flag it as fraud and get my money back.
Kinda like putting the "cart before the horse"??? Nobody said anything about FRAUD!!
USPS has been known to be slow at times so no use jumping ahead of things.
USPS said they would check into it so cut them as little slack.
If it finally doesn't show up, only THEN would I get my shorts in a knot.
Dixie is responsible to get it to you. Patience IS a virtue. ;)

You talk about MIA? Shipped a package to my youngest daughter in Minnesota.
Left my local PO in Nor Cal and headed to a shipping hub in San Francisco.
Tracked it all the way. Got to Minneapolis/St Paul distribution center THEN back to San Francisco shipping hub, THEN back to Minneapolis/St Paul shipping hub THEN back to the San Francisco.
Made the trip maybe 5 times before we figured out it had to be stuck on a belt.
Headed to my local PO and mentioned the situation to the Post Master. (REAL GOOD GUYS!!) :cool::cool:.
He hit the PC and in a few days it was at it's destination and I might add, in good shape.
Only problem? All those back and forth trips and no AIR MILES. :(;)

Last edited:
Memphis,,,,,,,, say no more, the elephant graveyard of mail hubs. All packages go there to die. I’m so sorry that your shotgun had to endure the ordeal that is the US mail in Memphis, she may never be heard from again. My wife has a shipment lost there as we speak. I live 70 miles from there so ALL of my mail goes there first, some is able to escape but even if it does make it out alive it bares the scars of a horrible struggle. My wife isn’t able to get out much so she orders from Amazon a good bit and they have gone to “less packaging” which you can read as “absolutely no protection”. I complain so much that all the ladies at the counter know my name and box number.
Good luck, I hope your package arrives undamaged and soon.

Well I ordered a Pedersoli 12 gauge shotgun from Dixie Gun works 10 days ago. The carrier is the USPS.

Since the 25th, it shows it’s stuck “in transit” since leaving the Mephis distribution center. :(

For a week now it’s been like that. So I called the post office customer service line and after a 45 minute wait, they decided to place the case under investigation. I told them it was a firearm and valued at $1500 so hopefully SOMEBODY there takes it seriously.

I also called Dixie Gun Works the day previous and they seemed totally uninterested in helping me. Despite the wait the post office had good customer service.

I’m currently taking vacation and wanted to do some patterning and late season squirrel hunting with the shotgun, but such is not in the cards it seems.

Sorry for venting!! Take care all!
Hope it was insured. Late for hindsight, but USPS doesn't like firearms.

Had an unmentionable long gun sent to a local shop by USPS. It sat at the PO for a week, I had to call the shop and ask them to go get it.

I've seen UPS tracking show packages "in transit" for days or longer.

My brother had a package "delivered" by UPS. Tracking said it was left by a tree, turned out it was the neighbor's across the street. My brother had things sent to a UPS store after that.

It's a crapshoot with any shipper nowadays.

My local PO has a hiring sign hanging outside for 2 years now. I bet my decrepit old ass could get hired on the spot if I applied. If I needed the work.
Ya know, its really good job, lots of bennys, vacation, great pension. Got to wonder why more kids dont apply, its all old black women there.
OLD women of any color are probably a good bet for employees these days. Slow but reliable. Sons vet clinic has a lady about 80-82 years old and she can be counted on! Oddly enough he has a 21yr old young man that is the best. They did have issues with oversleeping etc a few years ago but after a week off with no pay he came around! Just cut off his long hair and I didn't recognize him. Asked who's that? Son told me and said "He's growing up". Most his age just would have moved on to Taco Bell or similar.

Well I ordered a Pedersoli 12 gauge shotgun from Dixie Gun works 10 days ago. The carrier is the USPS.

Since the 25th, it shows it’s stuck “in transit” since leaving the Mephis distribution center. :(

For a week now it’s been like that. So I called the post office customer service line and after a 45 minute wait, they decided to place the case under investigation. I told them it was a firearm and valued at $1500 so hopefully SOMEBODY there takes it seriously.

I also called Dixie Gun Works the day previous and they seemed totally uninterested in helping me. Despite the wait the post office had good customer service.

I’m currently taking vacation and wanted to do some patterning and late season squirrel hunting with the shotgun, but such is not in the cards it seems.

dang. sorry to hear this. hope it shows up. not getting it would upset me.

I had a pkg coming about a year ago. I followed its progress. Then it arrived in Indianapolis. It set there for a full week. I did receive it. But I found out what happened. They “work” so many packages a day. Then if yours is not in that bunch for today. It sets there until the next day and so on until it gets on a truck.
Not enough people supposedly.
I did get my package but I get the feeling of it being stuck. Don’t know if that is your issue or not. Hope it gets delivered soon and that it is ok.

They're all kind of broken, USPS especially after their last re-org. Latest debacle was an order from Midway USA. It went to St. Louis. OK but Kansas City would have made more sense. Then it went up to the Quad Cities. Then for some odd reason they sent it to Roanoke, VA; where I was born; 1000 miles in the completely wrong direction. Down to Greensboro, to Ohio, to Chicago, to Minneapolis, to Kansas City, then Sioux Falls and finally to me. That package had about 2500 extra miles on it! Before that a parcel bounced around between Des Moines, Sioux Falls, Sioux City (now pretty much just a storage stop), and KC. That package passed within 30 miles of my place 4 times, over the course of a week, before it finally got to me. A letter mailed to a neighbor gets put on a truck, taken 85 miles north, processed, put back on a truck to come right back to this town - that takes 3 days minimum. No wonder they need to always raise their rates...
Not sure currently as I haven't visited them to pick anything up in the last few years but when I was there last, Midway had two UPS trailers parked outside the sign above one was WEST and above the other was EAST. I am guessing that the person at Midway just put it on the wrong trailer to begin with and then it started bouncing. Wife just had a USPS package sent from NY to grandsons in MO that visited New Orleans after being at Kansas City then had to go back to Kansas City and finally delivered. We expect perfection but it is not guaranteed. These days I am surprised how often they do get it right.

The post office is coming apart under the idiot postmaster general that we have. This guy, Dejoy, is screwing things up. Now they are putting loads out on the board for any freight hauling inbred to take. Most are foreign, can’t speak engrish and are always late. Why do I have to get fingerprinted, a federal background check and keep a tight schedule, but every one of these guys doesn’t. Dejoy used to run XPO and brought one of his underlings in to run the postal load board. If you ask Apu, they will tell you they got the load from XPO!!?? What?? How is this not some kind of corruption? Anyway, that’s why it’s getting worse.

Donald Trump did a couple bad things: Fauci and then Dejoy. Sorry, politics explains the problems. Things are just later due to this. The outside carriers don’t understand time scoreless and aren’t held to them.

Freight haulers don’t make good mail haulers.

My local PO has a hiring sign hanging outside for 2 years now. I bet my decrepit old ass could get hired on the spot if I applied. If I needed the work.
Ya know, its really good job, lots of bennys, vacation, great pension. Got to wonder why more kids dont apply, its all old black women there.
You couldn’t do the job. Mail carrier is a horribly hard job. Sounds easy, but it ain’t. They are out in all weather. Often you get back and have to go back out to cover someone else’s route. Robbery is also prevalent in the cities. Ask the Black Powder Maniac… he used to work in the po.

They're all kind of broken, USPS especially after their last re-org. Latest debacle was an order from Midway USA. It went to St. Louis. OK but Kansas City would have made more sense. Then it went up to the Quad Cities. Then for some odd reason they sent it to Roanoke, VA; where I was born; 1000 miles in the completely wrong direction. Down to Greensboro, to Ohio, to Chicago, to Minneapolis, to Kansas City, then Sioux Falls and finally to me. That package had about 2500 extra miles on it! Before that a parcel bounced around between Des Moines, Sioux Falls, Sioux City (now pretty much just a storage stop), and KC. That package passed within 30 miles of my place 4 times, over the course of a week, before it finally got to me. A letter mailed to a neighbor gets put on a truck, taken 85 miles north, processed, put back on a truck to come right back to this town - that takes 3 days minimum. No wonder they need to always raise their rates...
Yep. Dejoy wants to have big mega hubs. He thinks the po is a business— which it ain’t. It’s in the Constitution.

I've had a barrel get stuck in one place for a week. The post office is very short handed since nobody wants to work and thanks to abused welfare, those folks don't have to work. Anyway, my barrel made it, much later than it should have, but it made it to me eventually.

USPS tracking is almost worthless once an item gets stuck as they are no longer scanning it, until it gets to the local delivery office.

Good luck!
So, that is why my parcel was stuck ai 60 miles away for 7 days with no movement.
I finally called the shipper, maybe they made an inquiry to get it moving.
Does anyone think thie could be the case ?

You couldn’t do the job. Mail carrier is a horribly hard job. Sounds easy, but it ain’t. They are out in all weather. Often you get back and have to go back out to cover someone else’s route. Robbery is also prevalent in the cities. Ask the Black Powder Maniac… he used to work in the po.
Definitely not a carrier. Meant in the branch, taking in packages, selling stamps. I ain’t ambitious enuff to deliver.

Fingers crossed. The one time USPS lost a rifle I shipped, they said they had to wait 90 days until the insurance would be paid. They don't declare a package lost until then. But the earlier comments may be correct about USPS being slow. I sent a letter from Austin to Dallas, which normally takes 2 days, and it took ten! On the other hand, I just ordered some percussion caps, and it took a total of 5 days via Fed Ex, and 2 of that was the company's processing time.

The USPS is running really slow and the tracking isn't updating. My brother just got a generator part that took 14 days from Arizona to California. The tracking probably won't show it until 1 or 2 days before delivery. I would wait another week before taking serious action. It sucks but that's how it is working right now.
You said it bother. I got shipped short on a $300 servo-motor kit. Small but crucial part missing. That was back in Oct. After some haranging customer service finally mailed this $5 part in Dec (today's tracking attached). I finally got fed up and I've since gone out in my shop and welded up my own replacement. Quality service is getting to be a rare thing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-02-03 at 11.16.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-03 at 11.16.48 AM.png
    192.4 KB · Views: 0
Hope it was insured. Late for hindsight, but USPS doesn't like firearms.
Strange but it is obvious to everymail recipiant that the USPS job is to deliver mail, Not to make judjements on content , unless illegal items are discovered found. does anybody in service of taxpayers uphold citizens constitutional rights, or even thier own rules ?

Back