• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gun Lost :’(

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a letter sent from Florida to Pennsylvania signature required. I wasn’t home and carrier left a sticky note saying so. Went to main post office with routing number and it couldn’t be found. A week later , same guy at counter went to a rack just out of sight and handed it to me. Was it there the whole time???

I'm a retired mailman, things have changed.We used to take an exam which was long and you had to pass it. Today they hold up 3 fingers and if you say 2, you are hired! You will get it but it will take time. I've had two parcel recently shipped down south and they came back to our office in Maine where they were sent out again.
Best of luck
Nit Wit

Just my 2 cents but Dixie gun works isn’t what it used to be
How is this Dixie's fault? Think the package is still sitting on their loading dock? They will get involved when they need to get involved. But really, the post office loses track of a package and it is Dixie's fault.

They're all kind of broken, USPS especially after their last re-org. Latest debacle was an order from Midway USA. It went to St. Louis. OK but Kansas City would have made more sense. Then it went up to the Quad Cities. Then for some odd reason they sent it to Roanoke, VA; where I was born; 1000 miles in the completely wrong direction. Down to Greensboro, to Ohio, to Chicago, to Minneapolis, to Kansas City, then Sioux Falls and finally to me. That package had about 2500 extra miles on it! Before that a parcel bounced around between Des Moines, Sioux Falls, Sioux City (now pretty much just a storage stop), and KC. That package passed within 30 miles of my place 4 times, over the course of a week, before it finally got to me. A letter mailed to a neighbor gets put on a truck, taken 85 miles north, processed, put back on a truck to come right back to this town - that takes 3 days minimum. No wonder they need to always raise their rates...
About a year ago a store shipped me a small part. Tracking showed it stuck in limbo from that company's shipping carrier and the transfer to USPS in Atlanta. USPS said they could do nothing, because records show they never received it. So I notified the seller company and cautioned them to watch the progress of the replacement. Sure enough, the replacement followed the same path and got stuck in limbo in the same place. Neither package ever arrived.

Had an unmentionable long gun sent to a local shop by USPS. It sat at the PO for a week, I had to call the shop and ask them to go get it.

I've seen UPS tracking show packages "in transit" for days or longer.

My brother had a package "delivered" by UPS. Tracking said it was left by a tree, turned out it was the neighbor's across the street. My brother had things sent to a UPS store after that.

It's a crapshoot with any shipper nowadays.
UPS are THE worst. Leaving my rifle just sitting on the porch when it was supposed to have a signature.

Or pay premium for next day air. I pay the $3-4.00 extra for signature required on my stuff. Have v yet to lose one that way
UPS are THE worst. Leaving my rifle just sitting on the porch when it was supposed to have a signature.
Used to be we always had the same UPS driver. But last couple of years it seems like a different driver every time. And a couple of them were real works of art.

I had one of those guns years ago. It was so gorgeous. But I never could get a decent pattern which was not the guns fault. I knew very little about load development. I miss that gun.

For 12-15 years, maybe more, we get numerous different USPS deliverers. What's worse is we are a full in route.... Who ever is done with their route does ours. So any time of day. AND the street just to the east is one letter off with the same numeration so we get other guys mail on the street over and they get ours. Had a cool older Veteran for years and I'd take over his packages of drugs from the VA and he would bring us our stuff. Few years ago he moved. The new lady steals our stuff. Caught her red handed once. She opens the door and there is my wife's Amazon box opened on her floor with craft stuff all over her coffee table! "Amazon said I could keep it and be they were resending your order". I reminded her mail theft was a crime and she let me take it. Wife MAD. Lady should have known we were tracking it and when it says delivered 10 min ago we would walk over and get it. Next time I call the cops!

Last edited:
Back