• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Grip screw Fitment issue 1851/1871

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crawfish997

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I bought a set of pietta screws for an 1851 navy but the grip frame and trigger guard screw heads are too big and wont fit down into the grip frame. I tried them on a pietta 1871 open top and a uberti 1971 open top and had the exact same issue, it seems there are actually 2 different sized grip frame screws used on these guns and i have the wrong ones, could anyone help me out with finding the Smaller of the two?

I bought a set of pietta screws for an 1851 navy but the grip frame and trigger guard screw heads are too big and wont fit down into the grip frame. I tried them on a pietta 1871 open top and a uberti 1971 open top and had the exact same issue, it seems there are actually 2 different sized grip frame screws used on these guns and i have the wrong ones, could anyone help me out with finding the Smaller of the two?
Yeah, the screw that goes into the bottom of the grip butt has a different head on it than the other five. I'd just chuck them up in a hand drill and put a file to them, until they fit the Fillister screw seats then touch up blue the perimeters.

Back