• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from Minnesota

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow there is quite a few folks in MN in this forum now aren't there!
I'm banking that there's enough work to go around and keep me busy smithing when I'm not building my own brand of shooting hardwares'.

BR
James

Flintlocker, Welcome from the Leech Lake area. Theres plenty of opportunity to turn your shop into a regular ML destination here in MN. Back in the day, early 80’s there was quite an explosion of interest with the special deer seasons and areas. Lots of us never got out of the habit, and we need things fixed or tuned now and then. Good luck on your endeavors!!
I want a nice flintlock rifle. My Pedersoli SxS 12 Ga. is all the fowler I want. I’d love to get a muzzleloader deer and flintlock would be amazing. My wife can eat deer. An elk would be even better, but between learning a new firearm and learning a new hunt, that would be a lot.

I think there is something special about a flintlock that somehow ties us to less complex times & the folks that walked the earth before us.

Thanks poker. Good luck with your semi retirement
Hi Dave, things go good up here if you like snow and cold! Seriously I miss hunting those hillsides on the MN river there around Morton. Talk about a great muzzleloading community! Lots of super times down there. I see Foxx really got a goodun this fall just east of you there. Good luck!

Last edited:
Flintlocker, Welcome from the Leech Lake area. Theres plenty of opportunity to turn your shop into a regular ML destination here in MN. Back in the day, early 80’s there was quite an explosion of interest with the special deer seasons and areas. Lots of us never got out of the habit, and we need things fixed or tuned now and then. Good luck on your endeavors!!
I hunted whitewater wlm area and carlos avory wildlife area. in the early 80's. it was a lot of fun. back in those days there was only the traditional bp hunters. when a deer ran i could hear BOOM.....Boom....boom....boom.....

Back