• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from Minnesota

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope not ever completely retire!
I love when someone says they took this part to a modern machine shop shop to get it built and they were told they cant do the set up for less than some ridiculous amount.

Tempted to pull the cover off my little tiny horizonal mill and think do I have the time now or later. I just wish I had not sold my push cut shaper from time to time. There is something about old machines filling oil cups and going through the motions of ritualistic black magic for a deserving customer.

I was attempting to get involved in the Now Then MN,, gathering and then covid hit.
Yeah, truth to that, shut'm all down in 2019, and many 2020.
The Now-Then used to be held at the Elk River Sportsmens club, but the Club Rules about locking the gates in the evening was problematic.
Good luck navigating the forum. It's a great place with many very experienced folks sharing information and comradery.
Don't forget to read some of the archives (back pages) about topics that interest you,, the site is like a multi-volume encyclopedia!

I’ve been in and out of the forum as “just visiting” for a while and decided it was time to join.

I hope to schedule enough time to share regularly in the forum and maybe even add value as a contributor.

I am setting up a smithing shop in MN which will specialize in target pistols and the occasional schuetzen rifle. This will keep me busy but finally making a hobby into a chosen semi-retirement career is my definition of the American dream.

BR
James
Welcome cousin…

I’ve been in and out of the forum as “just visiting” for a while and decided it was time to join.

I hope to schedule enough time to share regularly in the forum and maybe even add value as a contributor.

I am setting up a smithing shop in MN which will specialize in target pistols and the occasional schuetzen rifle. This will keep me busy but finally making a hobby into a chosen semi-retirement career is my definition of the American dream.

BR
James
Welcome from Maryland James, I got a few buddies from Minnesota I've spoken to here on the forum.
I love black powder and have always been interested in some distance shooting. Unfortunately, the only ranges around me dial out at 100 yards. Still fun, I just wish I had the long range to test my skills more. Post pictures, we lover pictures! Gun builds, technical stuff, all of it.
Neil
17109.jpeg

Welcome from Western Oregon. I have always enjoyed guns and everything about them. My mother was born on a farm in Butler, Minnesota. When we start traveling and get to Minnesota, I would enjoy visiting your shop.
Have a great day.

I'm hoping to have things ready for launch in the early part of the new year thanks for the welcoming message. I'm an east coast transplant to MN but It is definitely home.

Welcome from Maryland James, I got a few buddies from Minnesota I've spoken to here on the forum.
I love black powder and have always been interested in some distance shooting. Unfortunately, the only ranges around me dial out at 100 yards. Still fun, I just wish I had the long range to test my skills more. Post pictures, we lover pictures! Gun builds, technical stuff, all of it.
NeilView attachment 110601
Thanks I will do that for sure glad to be a part of this group!

Back