• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got my .40 dialed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grizzly Adams

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I thought I had it pretty well dialed in, turns out it needed half the front sight turned to powdered metal for this to be true.

I was shooting from a rest, 45 grains of GOEX FFFG, .390" rb from a new style lee mold, .016-.017" pillow ticking spit patch, 42/3/16" Colerain barrel. I was not wiping between shots.

Shooting at 55 yards.

3 shot group:

Thank you kindly, everybody.

For anybody interested, here is the gun. I built it from TVM's Tennessee "poor boy" kit a few months ago.

Great looking firelock and even a better group!
Good work, MD! I'm going to be working up new RB size and patch material as well for a Kent Smith .40 cal. Tennessee Flintlock as well. It has a Colerain barrel on it. I only wish my eyes were as good now, or any where near as good when I was 17. :hatsoff:

AZ Longrifle said:
Dave Markowitz said:
Very nice shooting and it's good to see a lock on the correct side of the stock. ;)
All Yous South Paws, stick together, like a big union!
:haha:

Yep, we sure do, not to many of us out here. I need to dial in my .40 cal. also. I can't wait for cooler weather, 97 degrees does not make for good or fun shooting :shake: .

Where is the dial on M/L sights? I checked all mine and could not find one dial.

Back