• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

It was a good day to get the rifle dialed in

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
54 and sunny here today in Ohio for December ....I'll take it. Great day to get my rifle dialed in. The first few shots were low right. You can see from the witness marks how far to the right I had to move the front sight to get it to shoot center. It was shooting low, so I filed off somewhere between 1/8th and 3/16's off the front sight to get it where it is. It is hitting a bit high at 50 yards which is perfect as it may be close to dead on at 75 or 80 yards. The rifle is using a .480 RB with a 12 thou's ticking patch. A .490 won't go down, so I call it a .48 caliber. (Davy Crockett had a .48 caliber rifle also !!) To extend what 2F powder I have, I used 35 grains of 2F Goex, then put 35 grains of Pyrodex select on top of the Goex. 70 grains is a good load for that rifle. I made the shooting sticks for sighting in the rifle. I'm dialed in for muzzleloading season in January I think.

Attachments

• target.jpg
    target.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 2
  • sight drift.jpg
    sight drift.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 0
  • rifle.jpg
    rifle.jpg
    389.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back