• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got meat

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tannehill

40 Cal
Reaction score
Dropped a button buck with my .45 Investarms Hawken, neck shot at 45 yards. FCE0D358-9CF8-4982-BEBB-3807C097BD9C.jpeg

Was the neck your aim point? Just curious as I have made some real nice shots into the head or neck, and smile at all the praises received , when in fact it was pulled and the aim point was conventional lungs. Lol
Congrats either way. Nicely harvested.
Walk

I ended up killing two button bucks last month, dang it!! It's nearly impossible to tell in low light, thought they were does. Oh, well gave one to the land owner and one for me. Best eating meat IMO! Congrats on your kill!!

Like Walkingeagle, I've killed several deer with prb hits to the neck. But similarly, that was not my point of aim. All of those hits were DRT but they were also accidental. Congratulations on a nice deer.

Was the neck your aim point? Just curious as I have made some real nice shots into the head or neck, and smile at all the praises received , when in fact it was pulled and the aim point was conventional lungs. Lol
Congrats either way. Nicely harvested.
Walk
I relate to that. I made a spine shot on a young buck and my kids and friends thought it was a great shot. In the shadows I failed to pull the blade down into the notch. I intended a heart/lung shot. Tasted good and no wasted meat. Pure, dumb luck. Polecat

Back