• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler still works,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i went hunting this morning, i shot this small buck fully sure it was a doe! i wanted to remove some does and get some meat. this small 6 point came through the woods about 8:30 SC time, and i was sure it was a doe. one shot at 50yds and he dropped in his tracks. i couldn't believe it had horns. oh well he will eat good. this is my 4th deer this year, i have gave them all away but decided to keep this one for hamburger,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
45 small deer.png

You don't need to apologize for the young buck here. That is legal and makes good meat. Appears to be a neck shot, which will do the trick right quick.
Beautiful rifle, by the way. The more I read and hear about these Kibler's the more I am drawn toward one. Never had a Flintlock yet. Might be about high time I consider this for a future project. Thanks for sharing.

You are making it look easy, lol!
What caliber are you using and how many deer can you take in SC?
on these it is my 45 cal. as far as how many deer, a few years ago they got the bright idea to force us use deer transport tags. you get 3 buck tags and 2 doe tags. but of course, it is only about money not game preservation so you can by extra tags. a lot of people use their wife's tags or sons and daughters, they all get tags whether they hunt or not! LOL, then some people use the same tag over and over, old redneck ways are hard to break. i usually kill 5 to 7 deer per year, i give most to older people or woman that can't hunt. until the gov. tag take over, you could kill 5 bucks per day, and they had special days you could kill does. our season is from aug. 15-jan1 there is no split season for bow, ML, or rifle. you can hunt with about anything at any time of the season.

If when you get back to deer camp and there are thirty or forty hanging in the barn it's more appropriately called "harvesting". I started calling it "harvesting" in the early '90s on my buddy's farm in OH. They had forty on a kill permit, and we would spotlight them and stack them. To me road goats hold little mystery. One night we were up till dawn butchering, and then over to Wheeling to deliver venison to all the food pantries in town.

If you go hunting and kill a deer I call it killing. Harvesting is when you're like a deer hunting scythe cutting down the herd like a combine.

well, a harvest to me is a crop that is grown. not a live or dead animal! and i believe that is proper. most people say harvest an animal, to not call attention to killing, that is when all this PC nonsense started in the 90s, trying to appease and not offend the left liberal Wack jobs! i could not began to tell you how little i care about their feelings! because they do not care about mine or yours no matter how fuzzy you sugar coat it for them! that is why "we the people" are in the shape us and our country is in right now! because we bend like the weaklings we have become! these people want us dead and gone! they want our way of life gone! they want all hunting gone! and i will not give an inch!

I get that, it’s fair, and those are the retarded times we’re living in, but I am a killer if anything. If it walks, flies, or swims odds are I’ve killed and eaten it.

I had a girlfriend who would ask me, “Are you catching deer this weekend.” No honey, I’m going to kill them.

well, a harvest to me is a crop that is grown. not a live or dead animal! and i believe that is proper. most people say harvest an animal, to not call attention to killing, that is when all this PC nonsense started in the 90s, trying to appease and not offend the left liberal Wack jobs! i could not began to tell you how little i care about their feelings! because they do not care about mine or yours no matter how fuzzy you sugar coat it for them! that is why "we the people" are in the shape us and our country is in right now! because we bend like the weaklings we have become! these people want us dead and gone! they want our way of life gone! they want all hunting gone! and i will not give an inch!
Amen !

Kill, slaughter, slay, harvest ... whatever.
If we are worried about "easing the blow on our sensitive non-hunting citizens," then I would have to say the verb "to bag" is the original euphemism. And I guess we ought to raise heck when our game and fish departments release annual harvest statistics.

Kill, slaughter, slay, harvest ... whatever.
If we are worried about "easing the blow on our sensitive non-hunting citizens," then I would have to say the verb "to bag" is the original euphemism. And I guess we ought to raise heck when our game and fish departments release annual harvest statistics.
( And I guess we ought to raise heck when our game and fish departments release annual harvest
statistics.)

maybe we should!

Ooh

Latest posts

Back