• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Deer season here is over.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The deer season here in SC runs from Aug 15 to Jan 1 on privet land in the lower part of the state, if Jan 1 falls on a Sunday it ends on Jan 2. I got a late start this year and didn't hunt as much as i would have liked but got 2 anyway. This is the second shotgun deer and the last for me this year. Button buck that I shot for a doe. Gun is a Navy Arms branded DP called T&T, choked full/full. Load was 70G 3FT7 nitro card, 9 000 buck and an overshot card. About 15 yards, hand sized pattern in the center of the lungs with one flyer that clipped the spine.

Attachments

• button buck 12-30-2023.jpg
    button buck 12-30-2023.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 5
Congrats! Season ends this Sunday here in Tennessee. Still hoping to get one more before it’s over.

Congrats! Season ends this Sunday here in Tennessee. Still hoping to get one more before it’s over.

Hope you get another! Course, we still have small game season till end of February, then Turkey season in April. Might take the Fusil de Chasse on a turkey hunt this year since it works so good on squirrels.😀 (Or maybe the Chambers smooth bore).

Last edited:
Better late than never is what I say. It looks like you and your smoothbore did the job, congrats!
Our regular deer season ends the 7th and muzzle loader starts the 8th and runs till the 21st. Waiting till then to legally shoot a doe myself.

A few specialty hunts here but only about two weeks primitive season in the up state. Up state starts 15 Sep, two weeks primitive season then regular gun season. You can hunt muzzleloader any time in regular gun season. You get 3 antlered and 4 non-antlered tags, non-antlered in the low country starts Sep 15. You can also buy an additional 3 antlerless and 2 restricted antlered tags. restricted tags require 4 points on one side or 12" inside spread. lots of opportunities if you have a good place to hunt and the time to do so.

The deer season here in SC runs from Aug 15 to Jan 1 on privet land in the lower part of the state, if Jan 1 falls on a Sunday it ends on Jan 2. I got a late start this year and didn't hunt as much as i would have liked but got 2 anyway. This is the second shotgun deer and the last for me this year. Button buck that I shot for a doe. Gun is a Navy Arms branded DP called T&T, choked full/full. Load was 70G 3FT7 nitro card, 9 000 buck and an overshot card. About 15 yards, hand sized pattern in the center of the lungs with one flyer that clipped the spine.
Nice looking set up!

Latest posts

Back