• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

from over the pond (Germany)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another Howdy and Welcome from Texas!
We visited out AF Son twice while he was at Ramstein.
Die Begrüßung from Middle Tennessee!

I spent 2 years at Ramstein AB in the USAF back in the late 70’s. I must say, the weather was much more pleasant in Bavaria than at Ramstein. I loved visiting Garmisch and Berchtesgaden. So pretty there.
We visited Garmisch over Christmas of 2019, and I agree, it was beautiful! Went up to Zugspitze, with the snow and ice blowing at 30mph, stinging our faces.
We went to Christmas Markts all over Germany, and it was unforgettable. Especially the glühwein!
Stopped in Oberammergau and visited Neuschwanstein Castle, and lots of other castles.
It was all so pretty.
And y'alls summers aren't any cooler than in Texas!
But the trains are cool! So much easier to travel in Germany without a car than it would be here.

Sorry for rambling, but I get excited telling about my fun adventures, and just go on and on...
And our visits to Germany gave us some of our best memories!

And I've won a bunch of beer at our Oktoberfest contests with my long Bavarian lederhosen. I go for the historical look, not the blue-and-white plaid shirts that the kids wear now.

Last edited:
Seems the Courtney’s. Descendants came from Duke of Courtenay 1180? A miss spelling ????He was a mate of William 1066 , who gave him the lands of Devon England Courtenay came from the town of Courtenay SE of Paris Does that mean I could be French and due a French passport .

Hello from Northeast Missouri. Father's families, Wife's families all "German" depending on what era (before/after German unification). Do you eat white beans in your kraut? My wife's family does. Our side thinks that's odd.

Post pictures, please. We really like pictures.

Hello from Northeast Missouri. Father's families, Wife's families all "German" depending on what era (before/after German unification). Do you eat white beans in your kraut? My wife's family does. Our side thinks that's odd.

None of Germany but this is where my Feldstuter: jager above was made fantastic towns.

Hers where my Feldstuter : jager above was made wonderful ancient townsm Chur is actually German speaking on the Rhine but over the border today in Switzerland

Attachments

• FDAB84CA-9BCD-4968-9EC1-B528332D566D.jpeg
    FDAB84CA-9BCD-4968-9EC1-B528332D566D.jpeg
    23.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 33AF7CBD-957F-463D-8CA2-49EB47EC65A6.jpeg
    33AF7CBD-957F-463D-8CA2-49EB47EC65A6.jpeg
    201.9 KB · Views: 0
Up until World War One, we had "German Schools" is some parts of Missouri. My grandparents attended and I have some of their books, cards, etc. Some locals reached out to the old country seeking family heritage. Discovered they weren't related to people who lived in those castles but folks who lived in houses with built-in barns. Bavaria has always seemed a beautiful part of Europe. My folks were flax farmers, as in poor folks. We still are ...poor.

Back