• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings y'all from the PacNW

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmieD

32 Cal
Reaction score
Here goes a kinda lengthy intro, but at least yall will know some bout me!

Trapping lead me to tanning and making things with fur, which led to brain tan (Indian tan) buckskin, which led to black powder which led to flintlock, which 'lead' to.....well, I've been pretty excited about getting into this way of life....errrr hobby...errr way of life....anyways, learning about muzzle loading from just the joy of shooting and hunting to learning about PC and HC and living history events, and personas and shooting, and smoke, and black powder, and....again...anyways, have shot plenty of modern firearms, and many rounds down range (was a range coach in the Marines many years ago) but enjoying reading about early American history got me thinking about firearms and saying to myself, "Self, Id like to try one of those hunting someday" well someday came and I've been stuck ever since! I have 2 percussion rifles, and built a flintlock, have a flintlock pistol to build and am looking forward to getting into another build to get into the 1785-1795 years for my persona for traditional hunts and not sure if it is called trekking or exploring or discovery during this era/decade, but yall get the drift of where I am at!

Look forward to learning and when possible meeting some of y'all and maybe someday being able to pass on some knowledge that I gain to others, so that is a bit about me!

Jim

Welcome from WV, I myself have just started to get in to Trekking and Reenactment. Started purchasing pieces of my kit and have learned a lot from here. Been shooting BP for over a decade though.

Here goes a kinda lengthy intro, but at least yall will know some bout me!

Trapping lead me to tanning and making things with fur, which led to brain tan (Indian tan) buckskin, which led to black powder which led to flintlock, which 'lead' to.....well, I've been pretty excited about getting into this way of life....errrr hobby...errr way of life....anyways, learning about muzzle loading from just the joy of shooting and hunting to learning about PC and HC and living history events, and personas and shooting, and smoke, and black powder, and....again...anyways, have shot plenty of modern firearms, and many rounds down range (was a range coach in the Marines many years ago) but enjoying reading about early American history got me thinking about firearms and saying to myself, "Self, Id like to try one of those hunting someday" well someday came and I've been stuck ever since! I have 2 percussion rifles, and built a flintlock, have a flintlock pistol to build and am looking forward to getting into another build to get into the 1785-1795 years for my persona for traditional hunts and not sure if it is called trekking or exploring or discovery during this era/decade, but yall get the drift of where I am at!

Look forward to learning and when possible meeting some of y'all and maybe someday being able to pass on some knowledge that I gain to others, so that is a bit about me!

Jim

Where?? I am in Port Angeles.

Welcome from Quebec, Canada. Don’t know as there is a cure for this addiction but at least you will find lots of support from very friendly and knowledgeable people here. Stay safe.

Run now! Some of these old timers on here will help you right into new gear and such. Next thing you're doing is building new gun racks and closets for all the stuff. You've been warned!
Oh yeah, and welcome.

Latest posts

Back