• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fitting a trigger guard

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The trigger guard I have is about 1/2 inch longer than the cut outs on the stock.
I'm not sure I could bend it enough without breaking it.
I plan to file it down some and maybe remove a bit of wood also or is there a simpler way?

Make sure the single trigger is going to fall in the center of the guard , and do a little inletting. If the T.Guard is too shallow for the trigger , a little metal can be removed from the inside of the guard , or a little from the bottom of the trigger.

Seems to me increasing the inlet where needed is the easiest route to take. The rear has to go in first and then the front. This depends on the amount of drop or curve to the rear of the trigger. The less drop (or curve) the easier it is to mount.

Trigger placement is the key, I almost always bend a trigger guard bow to expand the the bow to accommodate the trigger, it is always the rear trigger on a double set that needs a little more room. I also like my single triggers sitting slightly back from a centered position to give me more finger room.

Another thing, pre-inlets on anything but a Kibler are just a suggestion, you have to make them fit your trigger guard.

Back