• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dixie Gun Works Worth A Visit?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've ordered stuff from them but never been in the store. Gonna be traveling in the general area - have others stopped in? What did you think?
I use them regularly probably a great store/shop.

I use them regularly probably a great store/shop.
I think they are a good shop. I, and others have said it's not showy at all. @smo showed the point of going there. Antique guns, and cars! Th ladies are almost always in the back fulfilling mail orders. The lights will be turned off in the car showroom, but they will turn the lights on for you. The car showroom is neither heated, nor cooled. There is no charge, as posted on the door.

Group of four used to drive down once a year from central Missouri (1969), each with maybe $150 apiece saved up. Packed sammiches, pepsi, snacks to save money. Before internet, cellphones, etc. it was Mecca to us. Parts, pieces, books, originals, repos, ...always came home broke and happy with a trunk full of plunder. Went back 3 years ago with a credit card. Same thing..except I got to pay it off later. It's still going, but Turner's gone. He was always nice to us.

Group of four used to drive down once a year from central Missouri (1969), each with maybe $150 apiece saved up. Packed sammiches, pepsi, snacks to save money. Before internet, cellphones, etc. it was Mecca to us. Parts, pieces, books, originals, repos, ...always came home broke and happy with a trunk full of plunder. Went back 3 years ago with a credit card. Same thing..except I got to pay it off later. It's still going, but Turner's gone. He was always nice to us.
It’s been several years since I’ve been. But my oldest Son and I used to make the drive every year or so. I did the same thing every trip, made sandwiches and snacks, drinks in a cooler. Figured why waste money on bad fast food, rather spend it at Dixie.

The museum is facinating, and the gun collection, just wow. Made a trip there ten years ago and included stops in Cairo Il.,(confluence of the Mississippi and Ohio) Hickman, Ky. (for the ferry), Metropolis, (Superman), Ft Massac St. park, Reelfoot Lake, (Cypress trees), and the Shawnee forest. All in the general area. Great time.

OH yes ! first visited back in 1965 , from St Louis, even crossed on the ferry. Oh my, back then in the older building it was fascinating barrels and boxes and crates all around. Even got to meet Mr Kirkland !

Latest posts

Back