• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sportsman's warehouse

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO they are much better than Gander Mountain. They have moved into some (not all) of those old stores. We now have a Sportsmans Warehouse in Fredericksburg. I like that you can go online and see if what you are looking for is actually in stock at the local store, or you can have it shipped there. I did this with an unmentionable revolver. I purchased it, had it shipped to the Fredericksburg store, and they called me three days later to let me know it was there.

IMO they are much better than Gander Mountain. They have moved into some (not all) of those old stores. We now have a Sportsmans Warehouse in Fredericksburg. I like that you can go online and see if what you are looking for is actually in stock at the local store, or you can have it shipped there. I did this with an unmentionable revolver. I purchased it, had it shipped to the Fredericksburg store, and they called me three days later to let me know it was there.
The store in Lynchburg showed LRP in stock according to their website. So I took an hour ride and was told they hadn’t had any for a few weeks.

The guy did not know what #4 and 5 shot was? I'd call for his manager and see if he was any smarter.
That's the problem with many of these stores. Around here most of the employees are not shooters, hunters, outdoorsy, or gun people. Not their fault but they just aren't knowledgeable enough to be if any help with such things. Pretty sad for the customer.

sportsman's warehouse is pretty useless for muzzleloading where I live, they don't even carry pyrodex or triple 7 in powder form. They carry "Pellets" which last I checked might as well be illegal for hunting, since washington doesn't allow 209 primers for muzzleloader hunting, which those stupid pellets require.

That's the problem with many of these stores. Around here most of the employees are not shooters, hunters, outdoorsy, or gun people. Not their fault but they just aren't knowledgeable enough to be if any help with such things. Pretty sad for the customer.
You’re right, it’s not the employees fault. Unfortunately there are less hunters, shooters, and gun people. With the high price of those hobbies and loss of hunting access the people that can afford to gain that knowledge already have a better job/career.
In the sad state of the current workforce the store is probably happy just to have someone that will show up when they are supposed to.

Speaking of chain outdoor stores, I got the shock of my life when I visited the Cabela's headquarters store in Sidney, Nebraska, years ago and the guys in the hunting department were clueless, disengaged and unhelpful. I would have thought you would have the best people on the sales floor of your flagship store. Found what I needed, however, and a day later, some of those fat Sand Hills sharptails were headed for the barbecue. All's well that ends well I guess.

In the sad state of the current workforce the store is probably happy just to have someone that will show up when they are supposed to.
Gospel words here. My son manages. Jiffy Lube. Some days he is working alone. Cannot get help that will show up consistently.
On the local FB page, all the marinas have ads for help wanted. Upper Chesapeake you cant spit without hitting a marina. Dozens and dozens. Cant hire people that will just show up. No experience needed. Just be able to come to work for your days. Nope, cant get anyone.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back