• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dikar 32

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zodd

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Evenin all- just received my CVA 32 squirrel rifle (sans squirrels)...well what I thought was a CVA-- has DIKAR on the barrel.Gun itself looks really good, double set triggers functioning crisply, nice wood to metal,barrel nicely browned even has engraved scroll work on the lock. What can you tell me about DIKAR? did a google search and came across some gun guy, Randy Wakeman, saying that the DIKAR spanish barrels arent proofed correctly and that they could be dangerous. Gun looks really good to me, Havent fired it yet but everything looks ship shape.Points really well and I can't wait to shoot it but should I be worried about what Randy Wakeman was saying--cheers zodd

ah that randy dude is like that product women use that comes in a box. Hes a joke.

That gun is as safe to shoot as any out there. the cva barrels only had problems on their inlines in 95 and 96.

Not the same company but the guns were made by Ardesa in Spain.

Their barrels have been proof tested in Spain and for shooting blackpowder or the synthetic black powders they are safe.

I haven't heard any quotes of ole' Randy Wakeman for some time now and I had hoped his paranoid comments had disappeared along with the old reel to reel storage tapes of long ago.

He thought he had latched onto a weakness in the Spanish proof system due to some of the markings that were placed on the barrel following testing.
As time has proven, his fears were totally unjustified.

The only Spanish barrel failures I've heard of all were due to someone loading smokeless powder.
That includes the resent failures of the modern type of muzzleloader that is supposedly designed for that kind of powder.

Stick with real black powder or a recognized modern synthetic black powder and you will be fine.

cheers Gents-thats good because it seems to be a beaut little rifle, can't wait to shoot it--zodd

Dikar were the very early CVAs, then came Jukar and then Ardessa. They are all basically the same products with some improvement in quality as time progressed. I once read somewhere the evolution of this. With enough searching you can probably find the same info. IIRC,DIKAR and JUKAR were evolutions of the same Factory with a change in ownership or partnership and the letters in the name reflect that. I believe then that Ardessa (which was a larger, established company) took over Jukar.

Latest posts

Back