• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dedicated to all the hunters with black powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised to see my picture in a collection of photos that show several guns with scopes and of a modern style and doubt that I was the only one surprised by that all things considered.

Now after having read some of the excuses and BS posted by rthe guy who made the vidio I think he is a gold plated breech plug, when I post pics on a given forum it is for the use of that forum unless other wise noted...by me, I have had my pics used as wall paper and for other reasons after being asked, had I been asked to have my pic shown in a context that associates me with modern ML hunters with scopes modern MLs and such all of which I am adamantly against the usage of in ML hunting seasons I would have declined, "The pain in Spain lies mainly in my arsse"

Come on guys, have we turned into a bunch of cupcakes? I never realized your images were so valuable and your hide so tender, I ,for one, will continue to post pictures and not worry about it!! My elk hunting brothers would kick my a## out of camp for this kind of talk!!!!!!!!!! Leebone

hellerodsyaho said:
Come on guys, have we turned into a bunch of cupcakes? I never realized your images were so valuable and your hide so tender, I ,for one, will continue to post pictures and not worry about it!! My elk hunting brothers would kick my a## out of camp for this kind of talk!!!!!!!!!! Leebone
:bow: :bow: :bow:

hellerodsyaho said:

Yeahhh right...this isn't happening to you so whats the big deal...

I'm sure that if you decided to have no part of a certain part of the internet, refused to post anything there and lived your life accordingly, only to find out someone you don't even know has gone and posted an image of you over there in that part of the internet that you decided long ago to have no part of....you wouldn't have a problem with that...

MLF Moderator Jethro has it right...the video made by this new MLF member...using unauthorized photos belonging to other MLF members...needs to be taken down from youtube.

Not to anyone in particular - but many of those photos are on Facebook already - Just go to Facebook and put in Traditional Muzzleloading Forum and you will see bunches.

I personally don't care - but I ain't making a living as a photographer either. And none of my pics are in the video - but if they were I certainly wouldn't get bent out of shape about it either - after all they are already on Facebook and the Forum anyway.

Just saying

yup..they on the mlf..where the owner placed them for viewing,,,and yup..they on facebook,,,on the mlf page..same as here.with permission..for viewing....not on youtube by someone who didn't ask,someone no one knows,who just took liberties to use as they chose....the point is they shoulda asked...jus common courtesy ...thats all...don't seem like alot to ask....maybe it is these days,,, :shake:

Dad burn it !!!! I didn't make it on that video.
After all I have been thru this year ( buying gear, new truck, stocking up the deer camp). Missing the only chance to get a deer this year.
Personally I know that I am better looking than any of those guys that were on it. I'm 66 yrs old however I don't look a day older than 65 yrs old. :haha:
I was once told by an attorney that unless there is a copywright, it can be viewed and used by the public. He compared it to a blimp televising a football game. Your in the public ( internet).

Well, your attorney friend is wrong...as are many of the mis-understandings about the Internet.
Everything on the Internet is NOT public domain.

1) The specific Internet photo copyright information link is posted above;

2) Part of every football game and other mjaor televised events like that ALWAYS have a disclaimer either printed or actually spoken that none of the show can be copied and reused without "the express written premission", etc.

Hey Swampy, I understand your point, and in the old days what you said is true and valid, but in these fast paced modern times, I think you are out of touch! Just like me, only I think I realize it, but proably don't------ I'm to old, plus, I don't give a rip. Come on brother, meet me out in the woods, we'll find some game and I let you shot first...Leebone

This brings to mind a recent incedent. I belong to the American Broadhead Collector's Club and recently, on a traditional bowhunting website, a person announced he'd like to get started collecting. Several of us sent heads gratis, and others traded some of his more modern heads for older "goodies" from the 40's and 50's to cut him a break. Some could be sold for $20 or more each. Then someone noticed a month later an auction on eb*Y that a small collection was for sale that had some familiar heads. Turns out, when one of the members confronted him, he suddenly lost interest in collecting and wanted to fund a new bow instead!

Now, he never said he'd always be a collector, and he didn't ask for heads straight out or make a promise - so they were gifts by most definitions. But neither did he return the gifted heads when he "suddenly" decided to give it up. That was just rude and darned right skunky - though not illegal.

If you use someone's image and he DOES object, then the right thing to do is clear it out of where you put it. Even better and more gebtelmanly would havbe been to ask permission first.

I don't post my land, but I expect you to ask before hunting it. Same thing.

the only beef i have is that my picture wasnt in the video clip :cursing: The camera loves me and i should be on there dang it!

Kentuckywindage said:
the only beef i have is that my picture wasnt in the video clip :cursing: The camera loves me and i should be on there dang it!

...well,,had the video producer ASKED first..you coulda made a request! :wink:

Creative Commons. Creative Commons. Creative Commons.
Read about it. It's big and it's the future.

It should be up to me, whether or not my image goes on youtube and not up to someone, anyone, I don't know, plain and simple.

Vearl said:
I was once told by an attorney that unless there is a copywright, it can be viewed and used by the public. He compared it to a blimp televising a football game. Your in the public ( internet).
I believe you are partially correct.

If you are at a public event (or walking down a public street), the court says you have no "reasonable expectation of privacy" a photograph of you may be used without your permission, for certain things. However, when you take a photograph, you own the copyright for that image and it may not be used without your permission, even if you post it on a public forum.

I seriously doubt that using the images in the manner they used in that video would make it to a court of law. But, if it were me, I would remove the video from the Net and not flatter the members in any future projects.

Since the first day that i registered here i have always been treated with respect and education, so i don't want to do anything that didn't bother to any member of this community with which i am one more. I have already withdrawn the video on Youtube and for those who liked the idea i am going to open a topic requesting photos to make a new video ....

a sensible choice, I would also point out that some of the gear shown in the video is not proper for the Traditional ML hunting forum if I recall the guidlines, I am refering to the modern scopes, such pics would likley be better off in a different place as a visual message/connecton is made with the heading "traditional ML hunting" and pics of non traditional stuff, this is a consideration that helps newcommers from getting started on the wrong foot with basic ML definitions and eliminates the situtaion of saying one thing and showing another as an example of the first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back