• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cylinder Loading Tool

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is where mine broke.

Attachments

• IMG_0439.jpeg
    IMG_0439.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
How many of y'all use a cylinder loading tool for your revolvers? Are they worth the extra investment?
I have several pietta colts in 44 all with extra cylinders and just use my brass frame revolver as a loading tool. I shoot paper cartridges and can load the cylinders quickly using that method.

The issue with most of them is the open flop nature of the ram.

In a gun its contained and directed. The one shown is a better answer.

That said, the revolver acts as a base and you get better leverage out of the in pistol system.

I thought about buying one but in the end its, ok, put it in the gun, ram em home and its a done deal and one piece less of equipment (and I carry far too much - but its all considered and suit what I want to do.

How many of y'all use a cylinder loading tool for your revolvers? Are they worth the extra investment?
I use one I made regularly when I compete. Works really well.
The removable block is to adjust seating depth for different cylinders and calibers.
There is no need for an adjustable base pin seat with balls as the cylinders will self center and not tip when pressing them into the individual chambers.
The seating spud is brass and has a heavy chamfer on it's face to facilitate chamber center.

Attachments

• IMG_2322.JPG
    IMG_2322.JPG
    228 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2323.JPG
    IMG_2323.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2324.JPG
    IMG_2324.JPG
    188.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2325.JPG
    IMG_2325.JPG
    221.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2326.JPG
    IMG_2326.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2327.JPG
    IMG_2327.JPG
    199.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Well......

I have one that works just fine, I find it easier to use than the loading lever on the 1851 and keeps the stress off the guns components.
Me too! It helps if you chamfer your cylinder throats too.
I even have this Quick Six loader from RMC Ox-Yoke. It works very well too.
IMG_6123.jpeg
IMG_6122.jpeg
IMG_6120.jpeg
IMG_6116.jpeg

Last edited:
I would contact Powder Inc about that break. They might replace that broken part. I have the older style I have had for years. Never a problem. They changed that part however and it looks like it is cast now. Weaker? I don’t know, but I would talk to them about it for sure.
IMG_6130.jpeg
IMG_6129.jpeg

I put a three star review on it on powderinc that they refuse to post.
Turned me off on them as a company not the press so much as not posting a slightly negative review.
Dang that would bother me too.looks like they would take the review by a customer even if it was a little negative. Dang. Tgen maybe they could come up with something better maybe a new and improved version.

Latest posts

Back