• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pietta Cylinder Wait

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
According to Taylor's, there is expected from the factory, cylinder conversions for the Pietta Army; it's been two years now but I'm still on the list. It's nice to have an extra for percussion revolvers like the Uberti's and ROA's, also the R&S's.

According to Taylor's, there is expected from the factory, cylinder conversions for the Pietta Army; it's been two years now but I'm still on the list. It's nice to have an extra for percussion revolvers like the Uberti's and ROA's, also the R&S's.

Did you check with Howell's ?
Same thing.

Mike

What style of conversion are you getting ?

My understanding is that Howell quit making them for the Pietta Army. I've both emailed and called them, and they've refused to give me any information other than they're no longer available.

I simply have a common 1860 Pietta and want a non-percussion conversion cylinder like they offer for such revolvers nowadays.
Well they make at least two styles I'm aware of , one has to be removed from the gun, the cap removed that contains the firing pins and the cartridges inserted. The other loads cartridges through a modified loading gate and does not need to be removed from the gun.
Mike AKA known as 45D is the resident authority on conversions.

I simply have a common 1860 Pietta and want a non-percussion conversion cylinder like they offer for such revolvers nowadays.
You may find one at Howells. If not, Kirst Konversions has Gated conversions for it.

Always nice to have options!
Mike

Just thought it was cool that Taylor's e-mailed me and wanted to know if I still was interested in one; it's been two years wait, and of course I said YES. You know you can enter a "notify me when available" comment. I'm familiar with the Gated types, want to keep it simple.

Latest posts

Back