• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Couldn't resist...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice looking wood, the 1:48 will (usually) go with conical or PRB, and considering that a good lock and a decent barrel will set you back nearly the price of the whole rifle, i'd say it's a good deal.

besides, if it doesn't do what you want. wait until early fall and sell it- i'd be willing to bet you don't take a loss.

enjoy the new rifle... make good smoke!

Wow! That is a great price....now if they would only make it in a left hand version.... Emery

I have heard that the 1-48 is a mistake and it is actually a 1-60 twist rifle. I dunno, if it is as nice as I think it is I might have to order another one for my son, course I could just trade him the Deerhunter I have for his Bobcat...

Man, that's a good deal! My son's been looking for a rifle. Too bad they can't ship to NJ. :cursing:

If I survive the wife intercepting the UPS man :slap: I'll be sure to let you know. I heard again that it is a 1-66 twist rifle.

It appears to be the Austin&Halleck Mountain Rifle. Traditions must have bought up the remaining inventory, probably including guns returned by dissatisfied buyers. I sure wouldn't expect to see wood like that in the photo but, for the price, it may be OK.

I dunno anything for certain and am now not so sure I made as good a deal as I originally thought..

Anyhow, the few photos I have seen of rifles that others have gotten are as good or better than the website. So I'll so what I see when I see it.

I don't think you can do much better than that for a production gun (no slam intended) the enlargement shows a nice piece of wood on that particular gun.

roundball said:
They can ship to an FFL, right?

I don't know. I'd have to call and ask. Their shipping policy states:
WARNING!: Black Powder firearms cannot be shipped to California, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Michigan, Massachusettes, or anywhere outside the contiguous United States. Please check your State, City , and County laws before ordering firearms.

I seem to recall when Traditions brought these out they are the same gun or at least made by the same people that made the Austin Halleck Mountain Rifle. Kinda pricy at full retail but seem to be a heck of a deal at this price.

fyrfyter43 said:
roundball said:

WARNING!: Black Powder firearms cannot be shipped to California, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Michigan, Massachusettes, or anywhere outside the contiguous United States. Please check your State, City , and County laws before ordering firearms.

Kinda scared me there for a minute. Tennessee is not on the hit list. I wonder why those states will not allow it since they are not covered under the Brady act? Do they think terrorists will take them and turn them into fully automatic weapons?

flintlock62 said:
fyrfyter43 said:
roundball said:

Kinda scared me there for a minute. Tennessee is not on the hit list. I wonder why those states will not allow it since they are not covered under the Brady act? Do they think terrorists will take them and turn them into fully automatic weapons?

I was really surprised to see some of those states listed.

I know here in NJ you can't even buy a BB gun without going through an FFL. You need a Firearms ID card also. A BB pistol requires a Pistol Purchase permit that takes months to get. It is absolutely ridiculous. But I can drive 45 minutes west to Dixon's and buy whatever I want without so much as a driver's license.

"Michigan"??

I am not aware of any restriction on mail order muzzleloaders here to Michigan. They must have that mixed up with Nitro powder guns. I've ordered guns and had them delivered here before??? That is puzzling why they would have that.

Anybody know why they would be saying that about Michigan? And especially Tennessee???

I thought about getting one of those, but for a hundred more, I can get a Mountain rifle kit with Chambers lock and Green Mountain barrel. Would rather have that instead.

Still a nice looking gun for the money, and it's ready to take out and shoot.

-Ron

Back