• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Costs of Flints

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try go to Amazon and pick up some slabs black English Flint I bought a 15 lb Rock for 40 bucks now I got a 5lb coffee can full of pieces that will last me my lifetime

Not to Rifleman

Let's see , I am shooting a 1500 dollar to 2000 dollar musket, SB, Rifle, powder that can cost 25 dollars a pound giving average 70 shots or less per pound, a ball made from lead at 1.5 dollars a pound.

I get 20 shots average from a flint then knap around 2 times for the same amount each knap I am worried they now cost 2 dollars each instead of 1.5 dollars.

I DO NOT THINK SO.

Back